Fan-made Burton Batman game demo

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sun, 8 Nov 2020, 13:03

Previous topic - Next topic
I saw this tweet containing footage of this fan-made demo. It looks great!

https://twitter.com/BoosterMaxCeo/status/1324854414155358212

The details of the B89 Batcave, from the Batcomputer to the walkways and the crevices are spot on. No doubt they must be borrowing the same game mechanics from Arkham Knight, and they've really translated the look of Burton's films quite well so far. I hope whoever is developing this demo will progress further and recreates Gotham City.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: GBglide on Tue, 10 Nov  2020, 04:03
Wow, just wow!  :o
The B89 cave is a cave in the truest sense of the word. Just by looking at it you see it's a chasm akin to the Mines of Moria, with just enough physical rock clinging to the sides so Batman can make use of the location. Burton presented the most unashamedly comic interpretations, no doubt about it.

They rendered Gotham Plaza! And the interior of the museum!!!!

That is one of the best things I've ever seen from the Burtonverse, and I'm not exaggerating. It captures the world of the film so authentically that it's like being there, and moving around the world clarifies where everything is. The drive to and from the batcave is exactly what I've been wanting from a Batman videogame for the longest time, and even though it's just a demo sequence, I get that experience here. This video is what dreams are made of.

Holy sh*t, that looks impressive. It looks a bit wonky in parts, like right before he sits in the chair, or when the cockpit open on the Batmobile, but still, this looks great, especially for a fan game. Definitely captures the Burtonverse completely. Really nice.

Did he use the Arkham engine?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 29 Apr  2021, 21:02
That is one of the best things I've ever seen from the Burtonverse, and I'm not exaggerating. It captures the world of the film so authentically that it's like being there, and moving around the world clarifies where everything is. The drive to and from the batcave is exactly what I've been wanting from a Batman videogame for the longest time, and even though it's just a demo sequence, I get that experience here. This video is what dreams are made of.
Seconded. Being able to view it in this way enhances one's perspective. It's so great to see the buildings rise up into the air and become a seamless world. Love it to be official, if even just as a virtual tour game.

A VR experience would be ideal. No idea if they're expanding their project but I'd like to see their recreation of the Cathedral interior, consisting of three seperate areas. Ground level, the flights of steps and the top. That location is sacred ground in Batman movies. From Returns I'd go with Penguin's sewer lair, Arctic world and the campaign headquarters.

This is incredible! To make something like this requires not only great passion, but also tremendous skill. I envy their talent. I like how they managed to incorporate some of the statues from the BR Gotham. What would impress me even more would be if they could somehow merge the B89 and BR Gothams into a single city. Imagine being able to drive seamlessly from the Monarch Theatre to Shreck's department store. It would be very difficult to accomplish on account of the differences in architectural style, but if anyone can do it these guys can. Allowing the player to ascend to rooftop level and explore that part of the city would also be a challenge worth pursuing.

Even as it stands, this is a beautiful rendering of the definitive cinematic Gotham. If you'd been on the set in real life and had looked up, you wouldn't have seen the buildings extend higher than a few storeys. But in this game, you can look up and see the entire city like never before. It makes it seem more real and immersive. The level of detail is ridiculous. Truly awe-inspiring stuff. I really hope WB gives this an official release when it's finished. Such hard work deserves to be rewarded, and it would make a great tie-in for the new B89 comic and Flash movie. If nothing else, WB should hire these guys to make a CG trailer for the B89 comic. Maybe get Keaton to record some voice over work while he's shooting the new movie. They could also use these models to make short CG films set in the Burtonverse.

Isn't it weird to think that this time last year we all thought the Burtonverse was dead? We never dreamt there'd be any kind of meaningful continuation. If someone had visited the site a year ago and told us that twelve months hence we'd be anticipating a fan game like this, plus an official Batman '89 comic and a new live action movie starring Keaton as Batman, would any of us have believed it?

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri, 30 Apr  2021, 12:30
Even as it stands, this is a beautiful rendering of the definitive cinematic Gotham.
I'm comfortable assigning that tag as well. Anton Furst, Rest In Peace.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri, 30 Apr  2021, 12:30
Isn't it weird to think that this time last year we all thought the Burtonverse was dead? We never dreamt there'd be any kind of meaningful continuation. If someone had visited the site a year ago and told us that twelve months hence we'd be anticipating a fan game like this, plus an official Batman '89 comic and a new live action movie starring Keaton as Batman, would any of us have believed it?
Not really. I was three years old when Returns came out. Growing up in the years after it was always just a dream for Keaton to come back. It wasn't going to happen. Kilmer replaced him, then Clooney. Years passed and then it was Bale's turn. It was always going to be a new guy's turn because Keaton had his decades ago. The Bale trilogy really challenged the Burton era and any revival seemed impossible. As simplistic as it sounds, Bale doing one extra film over Keaton factored in. A new business model replaced Burton's dark fantasy.

What gets me is how the Keaton revival had to happen NOW or the moment would have been lost forever. Even now it's hard for some to accept Keaton as a 30 year warrior in the suit. Keaton's place in the history of Batman is so huge that he deserved this, and it cannot be overstated. Forget about the moans about Batman killing and Burton apparently not knowing anything about the comics. Keaton's Batman is loved and as much as I appreciate all the others, it's time he's put back on top. I'm fascinated to hear how Michael approached the role in the interviews that follow production.