The Flash (2022)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 25 May 2023, 03:06 #860 Last Edit: Thu, 25 May 2023, 03:19 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Wed, 24 May  2023, 21:33
My reaction entirely. I think it will be a good movie, but I'm not expecting the best CBM of all time or anything. I see what WB are doing, and it's overkill. Too many advance screenings and getting reactions out there because they're terrified of another box office bomb. They know they have a product they can exploit here.

"I have to ask you... Didn't you think it was a trifle unnecessary to see the crack in the Flash's bottom?"

Spoiler tagging it incase people choose to not watch this clip

Didnt think I'd get excited hearing Keaton say "Superman"...also love how he's like "after that (getting superman) youre on your own! Batman is back!

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Fri, 26 May  2023, 04:39

Spoiler tagging it incase people choose to not watch this clip

Didnt think I'd get excited hearing Keaton say "Superman"...also love how he's like "after that (getting superman) youre on your own! Batman is back!
How he says "this Superman" suggests to me he's never heard of him before, which gels with my preference of the Burtonverse not having one.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

The suit appeals to me more and more. It's going to look even better during his main action sequence set at night, rescuing Supergirl in the Russian stronghold, which I've heard rivals the BvS warehouse fight.

Times Square 1989:

Times Square 1992:

Times Square 2023:

Reminds me of when I visited New York in the summer of 2008, and back then there was a massive image of Heath Ledger's Joker on display in Times Square.

More Antje Traue BTS photos.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Watching 89 right now and I feel like Keaton feels more like his 89 Batman than his Returns Batman. I never realized how much more quiet he was in Returns.

Something I've heard that references B89:

Hobo Bruce inside the Manor uses hidden cameras to spy on the Barrys in the cave. This is a neat inversion to the scene where he watches Vicki and Knox from the bat computer. I also think it feels fitting two Batman titans (Keaton and Bale) share the reclusive hermit character element on the big screen.