Michael Keaton in talks to return as Batman

Started by Silver Nemesis, Mon, 22 Jun 2020, 19:07

Previous topic - Next topic
That is a sort of gnarly looking cake. I hope they got a partial refund.

As I was implying in another thread - after reading Gunn's derogatory comments about Keaton's performance as Batman, B89 as a film overall, and going so far as to say B&R is better, I'm convinced the Clooney cameo was a deliberate choice by Gunn to spite Keaton. Keeping him killed off and having Clooney replace him in the ending certainly feels that way, in light of what we know now.

I never would've expected that Keaton would join the likes of Cavill, Affleck, Fisher and so on as the latest actor to get screwed over by WB/DC management.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Thu, 31 Aug 2023, 16:33 #212 Last Edit: Thu, 31 Aug 2023, 16:52 by eledoremassis02
Honestly, I envy Nolan. He got to do the Batman movies he wanted to do. He got the royal treatment because of lessons from Schumacher. His Batman is still standalone and untouched from all this drama and most people still realy love his films.

Sorry for the double post but somone on youtube noticed somthing interesting. Not once did Michael Keaton reffer to himself as Bruce Wayne. Even when asked who he was he responded ""I'm the guy who lives here".

He does however refer to himself as Batman (obviously for nostalgia).

Tomorrow, February 4th, is the Saturn Awards, and Michael Keaton has been nominated for 'Best Supporting Actor' for his role as Batman in The Flash. I doubt he'll win, as he's up against Ryan Gosling in Barbie and Robert Downey Jr. in Oppenheimer. Still, it's nice he got a nomination. The only other actor to receive recognition from the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films for playing Batman was Christian Bale, who won a Saturn Award for Batman Begins and was nominated for both The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.

Aren't Saturn Awards for sale? I'm pretty sure Golden Globes are for sale but if I'm not mistaken, you can basically buy a Saturn Award.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat,  3 Feb  2024, 17:46Aren't Saturn Awards for sale? I'm pretty sure Golden Globes are for sale but if I'm not mistaken, you can basically buy a Saturn Award.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were so.

In any event, Keaton didn't win. They gave the award to Nicolas Cage for his performance in Renfield.

Coincidentally, the only award The Flash has won so far is the San Diego Film Critics Society Award for 'Best Body of Work', which went to Nicolas Cage. Cage appeared in six films in 2023, and all counted towards his win. Including his brief appearance in The Flash.

The Hawaii Film Critics Society had The Flash nominated for 'Worst Film of the Year'. I'm surprised the Golden Raspberry Awards didn't nominate it in any categories. I would've thought the two Ezras would've been a lock for 'Worst Screen Combo'.