DC FanDome online convention

Started by The Laughing Fish, Thu, 18 Jun 2020, 14:39

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah. Fingers crossed, for everything.

Quote from: Azrael on Sat,  8 Aug  2020, 14:19
Yeah. Fingers crossed, for everything.
I'm adding Batman Earth One: Volume 3 to my pile. It's not to everyone's tastes, but I've grown to really enjoy their take. It's all ready to go, it just needs a release date.

https://www.gamesradar.com/au/batman-earth-one-volume-3-finished-waiting-for-dc-release-according-to-geoff-johns/

I've just signed up for the FanDome site, and after reviewing the 'Hall of Heroes' I'm wondering if we should read significance into the scheduling of certain panels. For example:

A Multiverse panel, followed immediately by a Flash panel, followed immediately by a 'Beyond Batman' panel. Presumably this is where they'll formally announce Keaton's return.

There's also a 'Legacy of the Bat' panel later on, which I'm guessing will feature both Keaton and Kilmer.

Long story short, Batman's part of 5G is allegedly still happening. Rumor had it that 5G was all but dead and buried but apparently that's not entirely true.

So will the bigger announcement be made at DC Fandome? And does it even matter? Because I seriously doubt that DC has much life left in it, at least as far as publishing monthly comics goes.

This is where to watch - just seen the WW84 panel and the Gotham Knights panel.

https://www.dcfandome.com/live

The WW84 panel was a bit lovey-dovey for my taste. I hope the other panels will be more substantial.

Warner Bros Games Montreal just announced a Gotham Knights game featuring the Court of Owls. You can play as Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl and Red Hood. It looks good.

Not long now until The Flash panel.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sat, 22 Aug  2020, 17:50
The WW84 panel was a bit lovey-dovey for my taste. I hope the other panels will be more substantial.
I thought the new trailer was good. I can see the dynamic and chemistry between Gal and Pine again being the greatest asset ala the first film. The action looks solid. It's really pleasing that the character has hit the ground running cinematically with Gal.

From what I know about this movie it's big on heart and soul, not realism, and will get points from me if it hits those beats in satisfying ways. Heart and soul goes a long way for me.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sat, 22 Aug  2020, 17:50
Warner Bros Games Montreal just announced a Gotham Knights game featuring the Court of Owls. You can play as Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl and Red Hood. It looks good.
I'm underwhelmed. I think it looks cheap and a far cry from past Batman games, especially the direct comparison of Arkham Origins, which WBGM made. I'll keep an open mind though. Surprising that it's seemingly taking place after Arkham Knight.

The Multiverse 101 panel is about to begin. This is where things get really interesting.

Yes, definitely. Really eager for the Flash panel. By the way, I posted this in the ZSJL thread, but the trailer leaked early and I managed to see it, and download it, before they pulled copies. It's absolutely jawdropping. Hallelujah indeed.