The Batmobile

Started by Silver Nemesis, Wed, 4 Mar 2020, 18:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Here's our first look at the new Batmobile.

No complaints here.

And none here. Finally not a black tank, but a muscle car which is completely new for the film franchise. My first thoughts went to the Batmobile from Batman Noel, but more streamlined.

The red taillights pop, much like the rear of the Burtonmobile, and it also brings the 60s car to mind. I suppose the 60s car is the closest to this one.

If these images are any indication of the film's aesthetic, it's absolutely beautiful. We also get a fuller look at the batsuit, too. Can't completely tell if it's Robert in the suit, but I think it could be. As I suspected, it looks fine, and matches the vehicle aesthetic they've gone for.

I also am kind of done with the tank aesthetic. At least for a while. I don't need every Batmobile to be as bonkers as the Burton or BF cars. But a bit of variety goes a long way.

Also, I kind of dig how some of the visuals are getting leaked in bits at a time. There seems to be a strange relation to irl news headlines. When something alarming or sad or whatever hits the news, there seems to be an almost immediate follow up with new The Batman stuff. Could just be my imagination though.

Something I like about the Lincoln Futura is at the core it's a passenger vehicle, but modified to become something further elevated above the mainstream. This new Batmobile has a similar vibe. It's NOT something you see everyday on the roads. It's like James Bond's interpretation of what Batman would drive, meaning there's still an element of rawness but without sacrificing a sense of style. It's also something perfect for a younger Batman to tinker on in the cave, namely the engine.

I'm seeing shades of Neal Adams' work in this design.

Concept model maker Jeff Frost has posted some images of the new Batmobile.

I'm a fan. Hopefully we see more from it soon as filming has been given the green light to resume.

The Batman Production- "We're still here! Over here! Don't forget about us!"

I'm just not feeling it. I don't hate it, but I definitely don't love it.

This is what I imagined would work in the Todd Phillips universe, but not in a mainline Batman. It's just a bit too boring.

But who knows, maybe it'll look good within the overall aesthetic Matt Reeves is going for? I'll just have to wait and see, but I'm not all that excited about it. It's just a bit too plain for me.