The Dynamic Duo's wall climbing

Started by The Laughing Fish, Mon, 5 Aug 2019, 12:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Before spearguns/grapple guns were the rage, we used to see Batman and Robin use the Bat-Rope to climb on walls. So how exactly did they do it behind the scenes? Well, this is how.

Source: https://vintagenewsdaily.com/bat-climb-the-complete-14-batman-window-cameos-from-the-1960s-batman-tv-series/

I'm not going to lie, I actually thought they were climbing on a wall for real.  :-[
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

One reason I love those wall climbs is how they imply an insane level of physical fitness on the part of Batman and Robin. To climb a wall like that is practically an Olympic event. To do so while carrying on a casual conversation nigh superhuman. But for Batman and Robin, eh, all in a day's work.

For some reason, when I think of Batman and Robin wall climbing, and I can't help but think of a particular episode where Robin is tied up, and  is pushed/falls off the roof of a building. Batman quickly throws down a rope tied to a batarang, and Robin actually catches it with his teeth! Batman pulls Robin up, and upon getting Robin to safety, the two have a repartee about good dental hygiene, and Robin proclaiming he's never been so glad that he's taken good care of his teeth!

I mean, we know Batman and Robin are not metahumans/superpowered, but you would think these guys had some sort of "bat" version of the super soldier serum with some of stuff they were doing.   

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Fri, 16 Aug  2019, 07:22

For some reason, when I think of Batman and Robin wall climbing, and I can't help but think of a particular episode where Robin is tied up, and  is pushed/falls off the roof of a building. Batman quickly throws down a rope tied to a batarang, and Robin actually catches it with his teeth! Batman pulls Robin up, and upon getting Robin to safety, the two have a repartee about good dental hygiene, and Robin proclaiming he's never been so glad that he's taken good care of his teeth!

Haha, that was a good way to promote dental hygiene to mass audiences. ;D

Quote from: The Joker on Fri, 16 Aug  2019, 07:22
I mean, we know Batman and Robin are not metahumans/superpowered, but you would think these guys had some sort of "bat" version of the super soldier serum with some of stuff they were doing.

This reminds me of a buddy of mine who always questions the mechanics of comic book characters every time he assessed them from a logical point of view. "How can Daredevil struggle in a fight with the Kingpin if he has enhanced senses? It would only make sense if Wilson Fisk got his strength from a super soldier serum." "Batman has to be some sort of metahuman to do what he does!"
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei