Hot Toys is making Batman Forever

Started by Wayne49, Mon, 29 Jul 2019, 21:02

Previous topic - Next topic

High quality representation of the sonar suit - less so with the Robin figure. I have a lot of time for Batman Forever and Kilmer's portrayal these days. I bought the Hot Wheels Elite 1:18 BF Batmobile a year or more ago now, which is another high quality representation. This sonar suit figure would look very good next to it.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 30 Jul  2019, 10:21
High quality representation of the sonar suit - less so with the Robin figure. I have a lot of time for Batman Forever and Kilmer's portrayal these days. I bought the Hot Wheels Elite 1:18 BF Batmobile a year or more ago now, which is another high quality representation. This sonar suit figure would look very good next to it.

I too was surprised by the almost generic appearance of Robin (especially in the head sculpt). That almost looks like something Hasbro would have done, least of all Hot Toys. That being said, I do hope they get around to Clooney in the panther suit. I would find it disheartening to have B&R somehow shamed again for being the only movie that doesn't get a high-end level figure. Can you imagine a Hot Toys level Mr. Freeze with lights? Oh wow... Even still, moving back to Forever, do the Riddler and Two-Face.

Quote from: Wayne49 on Tue, 30 Jul  2019, 10:42
That being said, I do hope they get around to Clooney in the panther suit. I would find it disheartening to have B&R somehow shamed again for being the only movie that doesn't get a high-end level figure. Can you imagine a Hot Toys level Mr. Freeze with lights? Oh wow... Even still, moving back to Forever, do the Riddler and Two-Face.
A Freeze figure would be visually spectacular, but I guess it comes down to demand - if a B&R line would sell.

Quote from: Wayne49 on Tue, 30 Jul  2019, 10:42
I too was surprised by the almost generic appearance of Robin (especially in the head sculpt).
I put that down to Chris O'Donnell having a fairly nondescript look. Kilmer has rather distinctive lips so I guess that's easier to manage.

I'd love to own those figures but I somehow doubt that it'll happen. Still, I'm glad that the older franchise has been getting more attention lately.

Hot Toys have these rather sh*tty "cosbaby" figurines up on display right now.

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=780

Cosbaby...looks just as stupid and ugly as those Funko Pop toys, or whatever they're called.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I think those look fun. I'm not much for picking up chotskies but I can see where those Hot Toys would be appealing to fans of Batman films.

The final figures look pretty damn good.

Again, refreshing to see Schumacher content out there.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  2 Feb  2021, 22:06
The final figures look pretty damn good.

Again, refreshing to see Schumacher content out there.
Not the biggest Forever fan, but I must admit that the Sonar Suit figure looks incredible.

One of the best, I think. A more aesthetically pleasing version of the DK/DK Rises suit with a bigger logo.