Favourite DCEU Batsuit

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sat, 29 Jun 2019, 01:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your favourite Batsuit in the DCEU?

Batman v Superman/Suicide Squad Batsuit
4 (66.7%)
Knightmare Batsuit
1 (16.7%)
Mech Armor Batsuit
1 (16.7%)
Justice League Batsuit
0 (0%)
Tactical Batsuit
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

The DCEU had the most diverse costumes for Batman on film. I still prefer the Batsuit we saw in BvS and in SS.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I'll go with the BvS/SS Batsuit.

As a kid growing up with various Batman action figure lines, I never was a big fan of all the variations Batman would always have. They literally did not interest me at all. All I wanted, was the regular Batman in the toy line. That's it.

This has held true with the past live action movies as well. I don't mind the BF sonar suit, but other than that, I tend to favor the more "regular" suit in the film.

Although I have to admit, the Knightmare Batsuit has grown on me.  ;)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

While we're on the subject of the best Batfleck costume, why not also mention which one is the worst?

The Flash Batfleck suit sucks. It doesn't even look like they bothered to finish the costume, and it's made even worse when you see it in harsh daylight. It's such a cheap-looking suit and a mockery of the costumes designed by Michael Wilkinson.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Oh yeah, the Flash Batsuit is terrible. The nose looks so comical to me. And that's just the cowl. The entire suit is a disaster.

Affleck goes from one of the best looking in BvS, to easily the worst in The Flash.

The Flash Batfleck suit still isn't great, but this goes to show how editing and applying the correct colour contrast as intended for this version of the character can do wonders for this sort of scene. The muted colours even mitigate the poor CGI, whereas the sharpness of the film's original colour contrast highlights all of its faults. Harsh daylight doesn't work for Keaton's Batman either, but it's even worse for Affleck because his costume has two colours. Trying to tint his cape and cowl from black to blue doesn't make him look any better, and the lighter grey for the rest of his suit is awful.

Whoever edited this made a great effort.

Quote from: Travesty on Fri,  1 Sep  2023, 15:06Oh yeah, the Flash Batsuit is terrible. The nose looks so comical to me. And that's just the cowl. The entire suit is a disaster.

Affleck goes from one of the best looking in BvS, to easily the worst in The Flash.
It's definitely poor. I think the B&R ice suit used to probably get labelled as one of the worst, but I actually like that one now in context. It's meant to have a specific purpose even if one doesn't love the look. Batfleck had a variety of suits but his last one felt out of left field.