The Batsuit

Started by Max Eckhardt, Mon, 8 Apr 2019, 09:32

Previous topic - Next topic

I like this more than the initial tease by Reeves.

In this full body context you feel this is a Year Two type Batman that is more self made but still with technological components ala Arkham Knight, but perhaps that influence not as as dominant as first thought. It has bits and pieces from everywhere.

The chest plate evokes Beware The Batman. The logo itself is from his first appearance with just the wings and no ears. I'm also getting Zero Year and Gotham By Gaslight vibes, especially with the raised collar (a comic reference that slipped my mind previously) and Scotland setting. It seems like the eyes drop down while he's riding.

Good to have a more traditional looking Bat vehicle again after so long, too.

We should be seeing the new Batmobile soon.

I absolutely hate it. It'll take The Dark Knight suit over it any day, and I hated that suit.

It's just....my god.

Bale was gifted professional suits by Lucius and Batfleck was TDK Returns in age. This rawer look could feel like a shock to the system now, but give it time. Captain America's suits had a similar aesthetic when filming, but it translated better on film. I take it these are dry runs for night shooting, and I'm guessing the cape will be CG'ed on the back or there'll be some other arrangement.

I prefer this image in terms of getting a better vibe for the approach:

Sat, 7 Mar 2020, 13:12 #24 Last Edit: Sat, 7 Mar 2020, 13:17 by Kamdan
Really impressed by this effort to meld the West cowl with the Keaton cowl. This production can take a couple of cues from this design.

I'm not happy about the logo, but other than that it looks okay.

Sun, 8 Mar 2020, 02:05 #26 Last Edit: Sun, 30 May 2021, 19:20 by thecolorsblend
Quote from: Kamdan on Sat,  7 Mar  2020, 13:12
This production can take a couple of cues from this design.
No, they rly can't.

Saw this image floating around the net, done by an Instagrammer called recplayx.

Kilmer's Batman could be better, but overall I think it's a nice collage.

Can't really get past the bulging forehead on the mask. The suit itself looks more like armor without much bat motif to it. For me, I think the BvS suit just set the bar really high by showing you can adapt the comics look in a realistic setting (IMO 1989 already proved that as well).

lol, Adam West's suit actually looks intimidating in that manip. It's amazing what can change with a little bit of work to the lighting.