Chattering Joker teeth

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sun, 17 Mar 2019, 07:08

Previous topic - Next topic
Every time I see Joker teeth chattering everywhere for you to destroy in these Arkham games, it reminds me of that little moment of the Joker spitting the teeth out after getting punched in the mouth by Batman in B89.

You got to love the imagery in these games, particularly Asylum and City. No doubt in my mind Rocksteady looked up to Tim Burton's style as one of many inspirations to develop these games.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I didn't realize you were supposed to destroy all the teeth until I had collected all the Riddler trophies and solved the riddles and what not. So I had to go all over the map obsessively hunting those damn teeth. I remember exactly where I Bataranged the last pair, in one of the upstairs offices in the library. Then of course you get to hear the Riddler being captured which was fun. He wasn't quite as annoying in Asylum as he was in City, where he was truly insufferable. Making him walk around with that bomb strapped to his neck would be so much more satisfying if I could have pressed "B" for "BOOM."

Destroying the teeth wasn't essential to the main story, but I was happy to do it just to listen to Nigma getting his ass nailed by the police in Arkham Asylum. I was wondering what he'd look like when I was anticipating to play Arkham City, and he was exactly what I expected. His appearance is just as smarmy and pompous as his behaviour.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei