Fans launch #ReleaseTheSnyderCut website

Started by The Laughing Fish, Wed, 17 Jan 2018, 13:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 26 Jul  2018, 23:24
Two of those got completely committee-banged during post production. Only one of them received almost universal praise, while the critical reaction to the rest... well, it varied, let's say that.

Only one of them was an out-and-out box office failure. But unfortunately, it looks like the haters have won/are winning/will win. WB must respond and it appears that they'll be responding by abandoning what made the DCEU so well-regarded around here.

A noble failure. I stand by that.
Untapped potential does kill the vibe and makes me feel jaded. I don't walk away from those comments. Going forward, I can't see Batman grabbing a knife out of his body and ramming in into a thug's shoulder, pinning him to a wall in the new era DCEU. That much is clear. A toned down Batman Forever would be the best compromise. Meaning the same kind of atmosphere but without Tommy Lee Jones and Jim Carrey goofing off every five seconds.

I found this worthwhile video of Ray Fisher speaking at a fan event, which took place a month ago. Like Jay Oliva, Fisher insists that Snyder shot all of the planned footage, but went one better by suggesting there was probably enough footage to make two movies. Before that, he answered questions about what drew his interest into the Cyborg and the original plans for the character.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that anybody who still suggests that there's no Snyder cut of JL is a liar.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 27 Nov  2018, 00:30

As a general ethical guideline, I always always always discourage people from using any type of nicotine. Because I know only too well what being addicted to nicotine is like.

But holy crap on a cracker without the cracker, that YouTube guy really needs to smoke a cigarette and relax. Not saying he's wrong though. But a temper like that today is a heart attack in the future.

The DCEU is a disappointment in the sense the content was all there to be implemented but it was shunned out of studio cowardice. But what's done is done.

The future of the ongoing DCEU will be Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Harley Quinn.

So here's the thing. We can lament the disappointment of Affleck departing the role and get nothing new Batman wise at all (c'mon guys, he's out) or we embrace the possibility of a new prequel trilogy with Reeves.

I'll take the latter, because otherwise, my cinematic Batman needs aren't being met.

There's no waiting around for Affleck to return because I'm sure management have already made the call.

So let's just get in with it. The years will just roll on by with nothing otherwise. The show goes on, and Aquaman and friends just don't do it for me in the same way.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 27 Jul  2018, 01:08
Untapped potential does kill the vibe and makes me feel jaded. I don't walk away from those comments. Going forward, I can't see Batman grabbing a knife out of his body and ramming in into a thug's shoulder, pinning him to a wall in the new era DCEU. That much is clear.

I just love how morons were outraged over moments in BvS like Batman stabbing that goon in the shoulder and thought that was going too far...but happily overlooked Wonder Woman performing a real cold-blooded execution on Luddendorf. And they call the WW movie light-hearted fun? Again, these people are morons. Sounds insulting? Too bad, I'm calling it as I see it when it comes inconsistent stupidity.

Meanwhile, Snyder released this image of a mural of Darkseid that was cut out in the film, and he was intended to appear too. Diana was apparently meant to encounter this mural.

Source: http://www.comicsuniverse.it/justice-league-nuovo-sguardo-a-darkseid-con-una-foto-pubblicata-da-zack-snyder/

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 27 Nov  2018, 10:39
So here's the thing. We can lament the disappointment of Affleck departing the role and get nothing new Batman wise at all (c'mon guys, he's out) or we embrace the possibility of a new prequel trilogy with Reeves.

I'll take the latter, because otherwise, my cinematic Batman needs aren't being met.

Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm out. It's not even about whether Affleck stays or goes anymore. WB did a huge disservice to the fans with their mishandling over the JL situation. I was stupid enough to believe in their lies that they would honour what the film was intended, and I'm not going to be duped again. It's going to take enormous goodwill on their part to ever regain my trust and interest in supporting their films financially ever again. Not that my lack of contribution would make that much of a difference, but nonetheless, WB's film department can shove it.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Tue, 27 Nov 2018, 12:17 #36 Last Edit: Tue, 27 Nov 2018, 12:18 by The Dark Knight
I get it. It really sucks what they did with JL. I was severely pissed after Raimi was booted from Spider-Man. My anger over the JL situation was like a raging volcano. They should've released the Snyder version. But instead, they lied to our faces and screwed over a misunderstood genius (Snyder). I feel that pain as much as anybody. But one year, five years or even ten years from now, what's the difference? The Batman movie brand is eventually going to continue after this episode. Just as Batman Begins followed Batman and Robin eight years later. The Reeves movie is being made whether we like it or not, and while I am burned, I'm still a Batman fan. I'm open to seeing what he offers. Batman has only ever been my main interest with the DC movie brand. The Aquaman, Flash, etc side of things can bomb for all I care. I liked the dynamic of Batman interacting with them, but those days are over. As for Reeves, I'll wait to see what happens.

At this stage, I don't give a damn what Reeves does anymore. I'm just not interested. As I said before, comics on film has reached a point where I've had enough, and WB certainly made things much worse. They don't deserve any of my money.

The only comics adaptations I've watched and had any hope to look forward to have been mixed. Daredevil S3 was great, but now I'm hearing uncomfortable rumours that a fourth season isn't guaranteed. Marvel Netflix's future is uncertain now with two shows cancelled. I'm watching Titans, but so far, I find it to be rather mediocre.

I'm rambling on a bit, but it's just not a good time for cinema, and I don't see it improving any time soon.

Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 27 Nov  2018, 00:30

I tuned out from that video as soon as he says they should've played Zimmer's music from the Nolan series instead of Elfman's "Batman music nobody cares about", which barely played in the film. I know that sounds petty, but sorry, Zimmer's music in that trilogy was crap, especially when you hear his work on MOS and BvS.

With that said, I'm not defending Elfman. Whether he was rushed or not, he appears to be a shadow of his former self. His JL score doesn't compare to what he did for Burton.

Here is a screenshot of Oliva slamming MovieWeb for misquoting him.