Rate Justice League!

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 17 Nov 2017, 16:17

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate Justice League?

Let's get everyone's score for the new Justice League film!

members can leave their thoughts below (NO SPOILERS!)

I voted very good. It doesn't quite achieve the level of greatness as the Avengers and Wonder Woman, likely due to the cut scenes but it is a very fun and enjoyable film. The lighter tone is a nice change especially for a film in which the world is ending and it seems like they're listening to the fans. I'm glad DC is finally doing away with attempting to create a Christopher Nolan film without Nolan involved.

I would rate it a 7.5/10, which is very good for me.

I'm going to wait until I see it again before making a final judgement. Right now I'm in the 'good' camp.

I'm glad it's making money and most people seem to like it.

The critic score is irrelevant when the fans like the film. So fingers crossed the movie is a success.

Please give us an extended cut!

I just got out of my second viewing a few hours ago. I still think MOS, WW and BvS are better, but it's just under them. Much better than SS, though.

When you look at how much they left out of the film - there's a comprehensive list out there - you can't help but feel disappointed. There's a much better version of the film out there and we just have to hope we get it. I think my score will remain at 6/10, but an extended cut would lift it to 7 or 8.

I liked it. It is definitely a 6/10 for me, at this time. Maybe future viewings will be more positive, but right now, I'd place it on the level of Superman II and Batman Forever.

6.5 or 7 from me. Nothing more, nothing less. I can't take any critic seriously if they call JL an irredeemable mess, but think this year's Marvel movies were great.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: GoNerdYourself on Sat, 18 Nov  2017, 00:46
I liked it. It is definitely a 6/10 for me, at this time. Maybe future viewings will be more positive, but right now, I'd place it on the level of Superman II and Batman Forever.
If WB panicked when Snyder showed them his original cut, I say SCREW YOU. These are the same executives who replaced Junkie XL with Elfman and ordered the two hour runtime. They also f###ed up Suicide Squad and made Snyder cut out 30 pivotal minutes from BvS. The no man's land scene in Wonder Woman (the best moment of the film) was nearly cut out too. These executives need to leave. JL is okay but this stuff really pisses me off.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 18 Nov  2017, 06:01
If WB panicked when Snyder showed them his original cut, I say SCREW YOU. These are the same executives who replaced Junkie XL with Elfman and ordered the two hour runtime. They also f###ed up Suicide Squad and made Snyder cut out 30 pivotal minutes from BvS. The no man's land scene in Wonder Woman (the best moment of the film) was nearly cut out too. These executives need to leave. JL is okay but this stuff really pisses me off.

Apparently, Snyder has stated he hasn't even seen his film, and went on to apologise for not being able to complete it.
https://twitter.com/DaveePena/status/931710670977974274

The thought that Snyder would've inserted all of those cut scenes from the trailers if it weren't for WB's idiotic demands is making me flustered. This goes to show that WB have NOT learned anything from the mistakes they made by removing that important half hour footage from BvS. And if it's true that they wanted to remove the No Man's Land footage from WW, then yes, they should fired.

To think publicists would call WB a "director-driven" studio. It's rubbish. Their interference is not any different than Marvel trying to control their films e.g. Iron Man 2, Age of Ultron and Ant-Man.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei