David Mazouz cast as Bruce Wayne

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 4 Mar 2014, 20:30

Previous topic - Next topic
And Camren Bicondova is playing Selina Kyle.

QuoteThere's a new budding millionaire bachelor in Gotham City. Warner Bros. TV has tapped "Touch" alum David Mazouz for the role of a pre-teen Bruce Wayne in "Gotham," the studio's Batman origins drama for Fox.

Mazouz will play boy who leans on his butler Alfred and Commissioner James Gordon for guidance after his wealthy parents are murdered. Bruce Wayne has traditionally been the alter ego of the Caped Crusader — but Mazouz will not at any point become Batman in the show, something Warner Bros. took pains to point that out in announcing the casting.

Mazouz played Kiefer Sutherland's son in the Fox drama "Touch."

Also cast in "Gotham," which has a series order from Fox, is Camren Bicondova, who will play Selina Kyle, a teenage orphan and street thief who is suspicious and wholly unpredictable.

Deals for Mazouz and Bicondova mark the last two regular roles to be cast in "Gotham," which focuses on young Commissioner Gordon's adventures in law enforcement and in the roots of the villains that Batman later faces in trying to police Gotham City.
http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/bruce-wayne-role-cast-in-wbtvs-batman-origins-drama-for-fox-1201125089/

Does anyone else see the resemblance between Camren Bicondova and a young Michelle Pfeiffer?  I love it!  I hope the physical similarity was intentional.  I wonder how the Burton-haters feel about that.  :D
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

What I hope is that all these characters have a story told about how Gotham affects their lives without actually meeting. Otherwise it will be like the "Muppet Babies" version of Batman.

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Wed,  5 Mar  2014, 13:36
What I hope is that all these characters have a story told about how Gotham affects their lives without actually meeting. Otherwise it will be like the "Muppet Babies" version of Batman.
Or 'Gotham High'.

I agree Ral.  I think the show should focus primarily on GPD and use the other characters, one-day villains and heroes, more sparingly.  Selina doesn't have to appear in every episode.  But the series can set up multi-story arcs that are only tangentially related to each other.

Having said that, bearing in mind that it seems that Bruce and Selina will never actually be portrayed as Batman or Catwoman onscreen (regardless of how long the show lasts), kind of like how 'Smallville' never got to the stage where Clark Kent became the world-famous 'Superman', I don't think it will have any negative bearing on the show or the characters at large if their various paths cross whilst they are still fairly young.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed,  5 Mar  2014, 13:19
Does anyone else see the resemblance between Camren Bicondova and a young Michelle Pfeiffer?  I love it!  I hope the physical similarity was intentional.  I wonder how the Burton-haters feel about that.  :D

I thought the exact same thing. And it's a shame she's far too young as yet to play her in the feature films. She already looks as if she'd make a damn sight better Catwoman than Hathaway on appearance alone.

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Wed,  5 Mar  2014, 14:49
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed,  5 Mar  2014, 13:19

I thought the exact same thing. And it's a shame she's far too young as yet to play her in the feature films. She already looks as if she'd make a damn sight better Catwoman than Hathaway on appearance alone.
Who knows?  Maybe if she turns out to be a good actress and does a decent job as Selina Kyle in this series she'll be cast as the full-blown Catwoman one day in the future.

Fri, 21 Mar 2014, 18:19 #6 Last Edit: Fri, 21 Mar 2014, 18:48 by Silver Nemesis
First official picture of Camren Bicondova as Selina.

EDIT: Here are some set pics courtesy of Batman-News.com.

Well, I don't like the look of the set pics at all.

Looks silly. Little kiddies. Evoking the Gotham High concept.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 22 Mar  2014, 01:12
Well, I don't like the look of the set pics at all.

Looks silly. Little kiddies. Evoking the Gotham High concept.
I don't understand this complaint Dark Knight.  What's wrong with exploring the characters' backstories?  They do this all the time in the comics.