Alfred in BvS

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sun, 15 Oct 2017, 04:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Sun, 15 Oct 2017, 04:24 Last Edit: Sun, 15 Oct 2017, 04:25 by The Laughing Fish
Am I alone in believing Bruce Wayne wasn't the only one in this movie who struggled to deal with powerless? I ask this because Alfred looks to have resigned every time he speaks to Bruce. No matter how hard he tries to talk sense to Bruce and convince him to get out of this cynical and paranoid rut, nor he was always this way, Alfred looks on as if he feels hopeless because nothing he does will break through Bruce's stubbornness. Perhaps it's because Alfred could see Bruce's point that good people eventually get corrupted following his experience of twenty years in crime-fighting. Maybe after Robin's death and the tragedy in Metropolis, he knows there's nothing he can do to console somebody blinded by rage; that it's a problem that Bruce must figure out for himself. It's perhaps most telling when Alfred mutters "So falls the house of Wayne", when Bruce continues to carry out his plans to destroy Superman.

I guess once Bruce opens his eyes and snaps out of his paranoia, Alfred must've felt validated when he agrees with that he doesn't deserve him.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei