Peacemaker (TV 2022)

Started by Catwoman, Thu, 23 Sep 2021, 00:24

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been watching it with my friends on Friday night, and I've been enjoying it for the most part. All of my friends are in love with it, though. I'm not as enthused as them, but I do enjoy it. I don't hate James Gunn, but I'm not a fanboy either. I just find his humor to be a bit contrived at times. I do laugh quite a bit, but it can be a little grating in certain spots.

Quote from: Travesty on Tue,  1 Feb  2022, 16:35
I've been watching it with my friends on Friday night, and I've been enjoying it for the most part. All of my friends are in love with it, though. I'm not as enthused as them, but I do enjoy it. I don't hate James Gunn, but I'm not a fanboy either. I just find his humor to be a bit contrived at times. I do laugh quite a bit, but it can be a little grating in certain spots.

Same. Humor targeted at the juvenile and juvenile-minded doesn't do much for me usually so some of it I'm not the biggest fan of. The best example would probably be when Vigilante interrupts Peacemaker's emotional moment and the protracted discussion through the window that follows in the second episode. That was obnoxious but some of it, I do catch myself giggling or even outright laughing at (Adebayo's WhatsApp mishap, for instance lol).

What I love is the heart the show has, I really didn't expect it to especially after the first episode (my expectations were not particularly high as it was going on) but it has been great. The scene with Cena right at the end of the sixth episode - and knowing he performed it himself - was amazing, I don't want to spoil it but I guess it's already out there and it is known that he does that in real life anyway, but still. It was such a pleasant surprise.

The show is a f***ing roller coaster of emotions, and I'm loving it.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sat,  5 Feb  2022, 07:43

The show is a f***ing roller coaster of emotions, and I'm loving it.

And episode 7 kicked the speed of that roller coaster up to about 500 f***ing miles per hour. Whew.

Holy sh*t what a ride. Can't really say a word about the finale that isn't a spoiler but wow.

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 17 Feb  2022, 10:04
Holy sh*t what a ride. Can't really say a word about the finale that isn't a spoiler but wow.
Definitely my favorite DC thing right now. I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to see DC be consistently good. It is indeed very hard to discuss without spoiling it, but I'll say it spins one hell of a good story, which is something the early DCEU struggled with, and I'm already planning a rewatch of the series, starting with The Suicide Squad.

I haven't even seen the finale, but it's all over the internet. I opened up twitter, and I see screen caps of the ending and people openly talking about it. I watch this on Fridays with my friends.

Bummer....

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 17 Feb  2022, 14:35
Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 17 Feb  2022, 10:04
Definitely my favorite DC thing right now. I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to see DC be consistently good. It is indeed very hard to discuss without spoiling it, but I'll say it spins one hell of a good story, which is something the early DCEU struggled with, and I'm already planning a rewatch of the series, starting with The Suicide Squad.
Peacemaker is ground zero in DC's attempt to branch out contemporary cinematic properties to the small screen, and there's no denying the show has a market. It's rated well and is getting a second season. Quite impressive considering The Suicide Squad didn't meet box office expectations. It sets the stage for what's to come with the GCPD and Penguin shows after The Batman.

Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 17 Feb  2022, 14:56
I haven't even seen the finale, but it's all over the internet. I opened up twitter, and I see screen caps of the ending and people openly talking about it. I watch this on Fridays with my friends.

Bummer....

Dammit that sucks dude. I had someone reply to me saying something about that without any names and I was still thinking "shut the f*** up!" Even saying there's something ruins the surprise. That's why I said I couldn't say anything at all.

I hope you can still enjoy it with your friends for what it is.

Just when I thought that Justice League cameo wasn't cringeworthy enough, John Cena thought it was a good idea to make light of Russia's invasion of Ukraine by plugging his own show.

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/john-cena-slammed-for-insensitive-ukraine-tweet-not-the-time-045901594.html

Then again, maybe a social media manager tweeted this under Cena's name. After all, I've no doubt most actors hire other people to post and publicise on their behalf on Twitter, Facebook and so on.

But it still doesn't the make the tweet any less tone-deaf and inappropriate.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei