Batwoman: SPOILER

Started by Dagenspear, Mon, 18 May 2020, 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic

After everything that happened with Justice League and Ray Fisher, I don't trust a damn thing that WB says, whether it's film or TV. This statement sounds as credible as Jason Momoa starring in Frosty the Snowman and produced by Geoff Johns and Jon Berg, if you know what I mean.

Let's not forget, there were other incidents of toxic workplace behaviour in their other productions, e.g. Ellen. Even if there was some truth that Rose was difficult to work with, that still doesn't explain the dangerous stunt conditions that got her and other people seriously injured, and so on.

Warner as a brand is damaged right now. They're either antagonising fans for not giving them what they want, and even use petty tactics to ridicule them e.g. Josstice League 4K release trailer, or they're abusing their own talent and gaslighting them. On top of the very bad decisions they've made in showbiz for the last few years.

If the new Discovery merger doesn't clean up the place and get rid of the culprits for giving the whole company a bad name, then there's no hope.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 20 Oct  2021, 14:08
Holy crap, that sounds like a tasty selection of lawsuits and court orders right there.

Two sides to every story, I know. But if Rose is telling the truth then it's hard to picture how the production side of the story can possibly improve things very much.

Maybe there's a reason why they replaced her with Javicia Leslie. Casting a black actress could've been intended as a PR stunt to cover up all the issues going on behind the scenes.

To me, this reads like greenlighting a black Superman project as an attempt to discredit Fisher's statements. Very dirty stuff.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 20 Oct  2021, 14:08
The Arrowverse has been on the ropes for a while now anyway. This is probably the biggest black eye they've gotten in a while but it's far from the only one.

I remember Andrew Kreisberg, one of the Arrowverse producers, got fired for sexual misconduct a few years ago. Plus, I've heard of rumours over toxic environments on the set of the other Berlanti shows i.e. The Flash and Titans, but nobody can say for sure any of this is real unless people who worked on those shows come out publicly.

If you put aside all of the damning allegations by Rose for a moment, it's a telling sign that Jon Cryer liked a tweet by a Supergirl fan calling for everyone to boycott the show, because of frustrations over how the titular character is portrayed.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Warner Butchers must have been in damage control, because yesterday they had Variety run a puff piece about how DC FanDome had supposedly bigger views than last year. Strange timing, you'd think they would've shared such news a day after the event. I smell PR spin here.

I noticed another Batwoman actor on Twitter said Rose got fired and he didn't seem to like her very much. Yet, he didn't seem to deny what she said either.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

https://web.archive.org/web/20211026062558/https://screenrant.com/warner-bros-failure-culture-toxicity-claims-fisher-rose/

I appreciate how this article covers the history of all the on-set controversies concerning Batwoman and JL, but you there is a limit to how long you can stay neutral. The people in charge of WB, both on film and TV, have demonstrated they are not fit to work in their roles and are terrible businesspeople.

#CleanUpWB

Yellow Flash did a video about some production assistant calling out Rose for her diva behavior on the set. It sounds to me like someone is trying to return fire at Rose using some lowly PA as their weapon.

I don't buy into irl good guy vs. bad guy narratives. It is totally possible for both sides to be wrong. Maybe Ruby Rose was a spoiled little princess on that set. But even if she was, um, she's still shining a light on some pretty explosive information.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 27 Oct  2021, 17:07
Maybe Ruby Rose was a spoiled little princess on that set. But even if she was, um, she's still shining a light on some pretty explosive information.

Yeah, I said the same thing a couple of posts ago. I agree with you on that.

Where you and I may disagree is giving the company the benefit of the doubt. WB lost that a long time ago. Keep in mind, it's not just about the accusations made against them, it's how they react to these accusations. They have a history of gaslighting and using dirty PR spins to desperately discredit the accuser. If nobody sues Rose for defamation then that's another red flag.

I haven't watched the show before, but saw new photos of Bridget Reagan as Poison Ivy.

Damn. She looks great, and so refreshing to see red hair on a red hair character for a change.

It's more rare for white villains to get race-swapped. You know why.