Justice League of America (1997)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sun, 25 Mar 2012, 22:48

Previous topic - Next topic
For those who've seen it, what are your thoughts?

And for those who haven't, it's on YouTube.

It's pretty bad. I watched it a few months back...I originally caught it back in 97.

Laughable costumes, and fairly boring premise. At the time it was nice to see a superhero tv show, but even then it made me cringe.

Unbelievably bad, but not bad enough to classify as "so bad it's good".

Flash's lament..."I'm fast..."  *sulks*

Thought it was a pretty big swing and a miss...

One year following the '97 JLA misfire, Wizard Magazine does their own fan casting call for a 1998 JLA movie.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Going back even further, here's a 1995 fan casting for a JLA movie by Wizard Magazine.

While the Lex Luger, and Arsenio Hall castings are very amusing, some of these castings are pretty legit for their time. A 1990's William Sadler as Reverse Flash isn't a bad idea at all really. Especially when you think about his villainous role in "Die Hard 2". Bruce Campbell as Hal Jordon would've been anything but wooden. Can't say I'm familiar with Rachel McLish, as I never followed female bodybuilding, but that's not a bad photo to be perfectly honest here, and visually speaking, you could do a lot worse with casting Wonder Woman (I remember essentially thinking the same with Megan Gale being temporarily cast as Wondy for George Miller's cancelled JL movie).

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

It could be that Stoltz is typecast in my mind as playing scumbag characters. Maybe that's why I've never been able to picture him as Wally. Guy Gardner, maybe. But not Wally.

Christian Slater as Zauriel is pretty inspired tho. Ditto Gina Gershon as Huntress. In fact, those are probably the two best choices in either article.