Batgirl (2022)

Started by johnnygobbs, Thu, 30 Mar 2017, 17:48

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 4 Jan 2024, 01:28 #160 Last Edit: Thu, 4 Jan 2024, 01:39 by The Laughing Fish
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed,  1 Mar  2023, 08:26Leslie Grace has dismissed Peter Safran and Zaslav's claim the film got canceled because it was unwatchable and defended the project.
https://variety.com/2023/film/columns/leslie-grace-batgirl-canceled-interview-dc-studios-1235519751/

I never once cared for the premise for this film because of its shoehorning of Keaton and Simmons together. Still, I have to question Safran for publicly sh*tting on this film and how unreleasable it was when the writer - Christina Hodson - is reportedly on the writing committee for the half-assed DCU reboot.

Not exactly professional, is it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/18wbpw6/james_gunn_releases_a_photo_of_some_of_the_dcus/

Yes, that's right. Despite Batgirl being shelved and dubbed as an embarrassment by Zaslav and Safran, they still give Christina Hodson a job. Not to mention the fact she already has two box office bombs under her DC resume - Birds of Prey and The Flash.

The late Christopher Lee said it best about upward failure.

And to think I was told by somebody here that WB is in serious business of making money. ::) Any money they make is in spite of their efforts.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 15 Nov  2023, 09:15
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed, 15 Nov  2023, 07:51He won't have those supporters for long if he keeps sucking up to Gunn and WBD.
K dude, you REALLY need to get over this. The most valuable currency in Hollywood is ego. If you're not stroking the right egos, then whatever you're trying to do will not go forward. It looks like Ayer is playing the political game so that he can get what he wants. Which is the release of his version of the film.

Since Gunn himself directed Suicide Squad's warm reboot, Ayer is sort of navigating a political and professional minefield. There's literally nothing to gain from alienating Gunn. This should not be a complicated calculus for you to figure out.

Yeah...about that:

https://www.batman-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=3967.msg70031#msg70031
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Are you so desperate for engagement with your blatherfest posts that you have to single me out directly since singling me out quietly didn't get you the interaction you wanted?

Here's what I know. I've got a life, a divorce, child custody, a career and a living situation that I have to figure out. Of all the things vying to be my #1 problem, you're not even in the top 500.

Now, you seem to enjoy posting away on threads that apparently nobody else cares about. So, by all means, continue doing so. Don't let the fact that literally everyone is ignoring you stand in your way.

We good here? Did you finally get enough attention?

Fri, 5 Jan 2024, 00:51 #163 Last Edit: Fri, 5 Jan 2024, 01:35 by The Laughing Fish
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu,  4 Jan  2024, 18:41Are you so desperate for engagement with your blatherfest posts that you have to single me out directly since singling me out quietly didn't get you the interaction you wanted?

Here's what I know. I've got a life, a divorce, child custody, a career and a living situation that I have to figure out. Of all the things vying to be my #1 problem, you're not even in the top 500.

Wow...where the hell do I start with this?

Actually no, I wasn't "desperate for engagement", I was just having a light-hearted poke at something you said before because of certain news that just broke out. Believe it or not, there was no malice intended. In hindsight, I should've anticipated you would've taken that reply so personally. Sorry. I didn't mean to come across as petty, nor was I trying to offend you either.

That being said, that still doesn't justify your response. Sure, it's not lost on me that this pop culture crap is NOT THAT important compared to real-life issues. Especially personal issues. I understand you have a lot going on in your life at the moment, and if it's a difficult time right now then I wish you all the best and hope that things improve. But if that's not the case then spare me from your condescending putdown. My life isn't carefree as you might assume, so you're not exactly in my top 500 list of priorities either. I just spend some of my free time posting on this forum to share news and info, that's it. Beyond that, I have my own issues to work out, so your situation isn't unique.

I couldn't care less about the others who outright ignore me because a lot of those people are not innocent, but you and I never had any real problems before. Sure, we disagreed with each other many times, but neither of us resorted to any malicious personal attacks or name-calling. Up until now, I thought things were cordial. But now that you made it very clear how you feel about me and how I annoy you with my "blathering", feel free to ignore me going forward if you wish and I will return the favour in kind.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu,  4 Jan  2024, 18:41Now, you seem to enjoy posting away on threads that apparently nobody else cares about. So, by all means, continue doing so. Don't let the fact that literally everyone is ignoring you stand in your way.

We good here? Did you finally get enough attention?

Dude, you just replied to a comment I posted in another thread only a day or so ago. You may not have replied to me directly, but you didn't outright ignore what I said either. Well, don't bother from now on. I won't reply to you anymore either. I'm not wasting my time on people who are pettier than I am.

What's become clear is that people are tired of drama relating to the DCEU--a product line which is now dead. Studio politics on the part of Warner Brothers were not new in the case of the DCEU, and it's just what happens in the industry, it always has and always will. It's the nature of business.

David Ayer and Zack Snyder were not treated especially poorly compared to others, and people who insist on beating that dead horse are looked at with annoyance, whether it's openly stated here or not. The conspiracies, the posturing, the whining--it's time to move on from it. The fact that only one person here is still talking about it (and prettymuch never gets replied to anymore) is the proof.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Sat, 13 Jan  2024, 02:13What's become clear is that people are tired of drama relating to the DCEU--a product line which is now dead. Studio politics on the part of Warner Brothers were not new in the case of the DCEU, and it's just what happens in the industry, it always has and always will. It's the nature of business.

David Ayer and Zack Snyder were not treated especially poorly compared to others, and people who insist on beating that dead horse are looked at with annoyance, whether it's openly stated here or not. The conspiracies, the posturing, the whining--it's time to move on from it. The fact that only one person here is still talking about it (and prettymuch never gets replied to anymore) is the proof.
Yeah, it's weird, because I get it, I really do: I understand why people are so vocal and have so much invested, but at the same time, I just don't care about studio drama/politics. Sure, sometimes I'll mention it if it's part of the discussion I'm in, but for the most part, I just avoid it, because that's not what I'm interested in. I care more about the characters.The entire reason why I come to comic forums is to talk about the actual characters. But that's just me. I know other people like Hollywood drama, so I try not to say anything about it. And again, sometimes I do get into it, so I can be a hypocrite in that regard.

But at the same time, this is the Batgirl thread, and since the movie never came out, I guess that's all there is to talk about?

Quote from: Travesty on Sat, 13 Jan  2024, 02:29But at the same time, this is the Batgirl thread, and since the movie never came out, I guess that's all there is to talk about?

Sure, but there's only so many times people can repeat the same talking points before it gets ridiculous. Especially when no new ground is being covered. In my opinion, discussion on Warner Bros.' ineptitude (real or imagined) should be localized to a thread where that is the entire topic, instead of constantly being brought up in other topics. Every DCEU topic here has simply become one person posting minor new tidbits, segueing into the same tired complaints. Nobody else cares.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Sat, 13 Jan  2024, 02:13What's become clear is that people are tired of drama relating to the DCEU--a product line which is now dead.
That is the essence of the thing. As you say, the Snyderverse is dead. That's showbiz! I'm not super happy about that. But nobody who matters cares what we think around here.

In the final analysis, and unlike some other participant in this thread, I think it's best to find things to enjoy rather than cry in my beer over what might have been. In my case, I've been reading (and enjoying) Green Arrow comic books (Jeff Lemire's GA run is awesome, btw), watching a bunch of different horror movies and listening to the bands that I've always loved.

Life's too long to spend it constantly having tantrums about Hollywood drama that none of us can control.

I feel you. I largely don't anticipate anything seriously anymore. Whatever it is will come out when it's ready. I'm not wishing my life away for anything. In the meantime I'm perfectly content with enjoying what I already have, and that stuff never fails to entertain. New content comes and goes and isn't what you want it to be anyway - case in point The Flash.