Batgirl (2022)

Started by johnnygobbs, Thu, 30 Mar 2017, 17:48

Previous topic - Next topic
It's Batgirl.  It's related to Batman.  I'm a Batman fan (that's why I'm a member of this site for goodness sake).  So, yeah, whatever I may think of Joss Whedon, I'm interested in seeing this.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Tue, 4 Apr 2017, 19:54 #11 Last Edit: Tue, 4 Apr 2017, 20:02 by Azrael
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue,  4 Apr  2017, 18:00
It's Batgirl.  It's related to Batman.  I'm a Batman fan (that's why I'm a member of this site for goodness sake).  So, yeah, whatever I may think of Joss Whedon, I'm interested in seeing this.

It goes without saying I'll see it, I rarely if ever refuse to see Batman (or other superhero and big blockbuster) movies, and never pay attention to rotten scores. But there's a difference between paying a theater ticket, or video on demand and jyk (Unless a friend drags me as the card carrying Bat-guy, but it's usually the other way around with Batmovies).

I honestly don't give a sh*t what his political leanings are. People can do and think whatever they want. I can separate the "art from the artist".

With that said, I think he's a great director and a good fit. I think it's a great choice, and it can only help the DCEU overall. So I'll be there on opening night, and I'm very excited to see Batgirl on the big screen. Bring on more of the Bat-family. I'm all for it.

Quote from: Travesty on Sat,  8 Apr  2017, 23:56I honestly don't give a sh*t what his political leanings are. People can do and think whatever they want. I can separate the "art from the artist".
Does it bother you that OJ Simpson isn't likely to appear in any more movies? Speaking of which, seen any good Roman Polanski movies lately? How about Victor Salva?

Or let's go the other way with it, how 'bout that Mel Gibson, huh?

You're comparing a rapist and a potential murder, to someone who has a different political opinion to you. I think that's a pretty hyperbolic comparison. I wouldn't go and support Bill Cosby, by going to one of his stand-up shows, but I wouldn't mind seeing Bill Maher, even if I don't agree with him on everything politically.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 10 Apr  2017, 07:02Does it bother you that OJ Simpson isn't likely to appear in any more movies? Speaking of which, seen any good Roman Polanski movies lately? How about Victor Salva?

Or let's go the other way with it, how 'bout that Mel Gibson, huh?
Polanski's Carnage from a few years back is excellent.  And I'm still a huge fan of Salva's underrated Jeepers Creepers films.

As for Gibson, I saw Hacksaw Ridge last month with a couple of members of my family.  That was a great night at the pictures.

Then again, it's now 23 years since I last saw OJ star in anything.  But "American Crime Story: The People Versus O.J. Simpson" featuring Cuba Gooding Jr., as 'The Juice', is superb, and I've heard that the documentary "O.J.: Made in America" is very good.

Quote from: Travesty on Mon, 10 Apr  2017, 21:02You're comparing a rapist and a potential murder, to someone who has a different political opinion to you.
Utter nonsense. I am simply attempting to understand the contours of your opposition. Where does it begin and where does it end?

Quote from: Travesty on Mon, 10 Apr  2017, 21:02I think that's a pretty hyperbolic comparison.
There was no comparison expressed or implied. Again, I was trying to figure out what you accept as compared to what you reject.

Quote from: Travesty on Mon, 10 Apr  2017, 21:02I wouldn't go and support Bill Cosby, by going to one of his stand-up shows, but I wouldn't mind seeing Bill Maher, even if I don't agree with him on everything politically.
Cosby, Clinton, Maher, O'Reilly, I try to avoid all of the major Bills.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 11 Apr  2017, 18:28Cosby, Clinton, Maher, O'Reilly, I try to avoid all of the major Bills.
Fair enough.  I'm no fan of any of those guys either (and I'm pleased to see you pretty much cover the political spectrum with those various names).

But I wouldn't discount all Bills.  The late Bill Paxton was a decent guy.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 11 Apr  2017, 18:28
There was no comparison expressed or implied. Again, I was trying to figure out what you accept as compared to what you reject.
"utter nonsense/nothing was expressed or implied"? lol, ok.

Looks like I'll stay away from anything Joss Whedon related on this forum. I'm sorry my pitchforks aren't as sharp as yours. Goddamn!

Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 11 Apr  2017, 20:15Looks like I'll stay away from anything Joss Whedon related on this forum. I'm sorry my pitchforks aren't as sharp as yours. Goddamn!
There's no need for that. I am simply attempting to understand where you're coming from. Evidently you find certain things more acceptable than I do. All I want is to make conversation about those things.