RAMBO: Last Blood - RAMBO Film Series Thread

Started by The Joker, Fri, 20 Sep 2019, 05:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Just watched this one earlier tonight.

Man, what a entertaining movie! Full of gore, and multiple scenes of scumbag sex traffickers getting brutally dismembered in a no apologies slaughterfest just speaks to my soul. Last Blood, in the Rambo series, decidedly focuses upon on the element of revenge. Which, overall made this movie feel more like a satisfying finale. Rambo wants his adversaries to feel his rage. And son, does he ever bring the pain. I understand that there is a longer cut of this, and that's something that I would be highly interested in seeing. I recently checked out the unrated cut of the previous film,  Rambo (Rambo IV) in prep for this (can't believe it's been 10 years since that was out), which actually kept the original working title of "John Rambo", and there was some scenes/cuts I liked more in that cut, but scenes/cuts I preferred in the theatrical version.

Not to give anything away, but yeah. The finale is a heart-stopper. Literally.

All in all, good times. Enjoyed the hell out of it. And before going in, I noticed RT hates this movie. Pretty much just more incentive for me to buy my ticket and check it out early.

John Rambo is a national treasure.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I'm not sure about this one. I didn't like Rambo 4, even though I have it on DVD. But then again, the fact it's the final chapter makes me slightly curious. But I still think they should've left it alone after the third one.

Quote from: The Joker on Fri, 20 Sep  2019, 05:09
I noticed RT hates this movie. Pretty much just more incentive for me to buy my ticket and check it out early.

RT...what a piece of sh*t, worthless excuse for a website. Even more so the pathetic film industry for normalising such garbage.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Man, what a entertaining movie! Full of gore, and multiple scenes of scumbag sex traffickers getting brutally dismembered in a no apologies slaughterfest just speaks to my soul.
I'm checking the movie out soon and I'm really looking forward to it. I love the premise: showing the ugly truth about open borders. They bring drug lords, sex trafficking and gang violence. We're told this is either not happening or it's a wonderful tradition to be celebrated. Lib critics hate the movie because of that, but the audiences are loving it. That's the disconnect we have to put up with on a daily basis.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 22 Sep  2019, 01:33
Man, what a entertaining movie! Full of gore, and multiple scenes of scumbag sex traffickers getting brutally dismembered in a no apologies slaughterfest just speaks to my soul.
I'm checking the movie out soon and I'm really looking forward to it. I love the premise: showing the ugly truth about open borders. They bring drug lords, sex trafficking and gang violence. We're told this is either not happening or it's a wonderful tradition to be celebrated. Lib critics hate the movie because of that, but the audiences are loving it. That's the disconnect we have to put up with on a daily basis.
I thought we weren't allowed to do politics on this site.

Hmm...double standards me thinks.

Ral, I think you need to moderate this thread.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

That's a violation of site rules TDK. Keep political opinions out of it.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 23 Sep  2019, 16:06
I thought we weren't allowed to do politics on this site.

Hmm...double standards me thinks.

Ral, I think you need to moderate this thread.

Me thinks you really enjoy being that guy, don't you?

It's no secret that this film has received a collective amount of bizarre politicized "critic" reviews (everything from xenophobia, to "Its cultural appropriation to hate/kill the cartel", Rambo classified as a "white savior" despite Sly himself not being caucasian, nor is the character of Rambo himself; he's half native american, ect), but you be you. Trash reviews like that cease to be about the FILM, but rather the "critics" own WORLDVIEW. I understand how TDK, or anyone, would have such distaste for such litter.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 22 Sep  2019, 01:33

I think you will like it. If you're a Rambo fan like I am, and enjoy all the films in the franchise, then there's absolutely something for you in LAST BLOOD. I would say it's probably the most personal since FIRST BLOOD. At the start of the film, atleast the U.S. cut, we see Rambo as domesticated as he can be. Ditching the head band and long hair. Rambo is finally living a life with a semblance of peace.  Unfortunately, there is a very palpable stake in the matter, and it's ripped from him, and despite Rambo walking the line for 10 years, Rambo becomes fully unleashed. It's no longer about a rescue mission, but about revenge and wanting his enemies to feel his uncontrolled rage. And boy do they EVER!

Here's a nice little meta promo going over another fact that people have been parroting that the Rambo films have been "extremely/disturbingly violent" for decades now. Evidently, some people are acting like this is something brand new. Very amusing.

You know, after watching LAST BLOOD, digesting it, and having grown up a fan of the films ever since I can remember, if anyone is deserving of a happy ending, it's John Rambo.

FIRST BLOOD: Poor guy came back from the Nam with PTSD where his buddies like Johnny got their legs blown off and could'nt ride in their Chevy 57, to returning to the states and have people spitting at him at the airport and calling him "baby killer" and all kinds of vile crap. He couldn't even get a job parking cars and then all he wanted was a meal but some king chit cop kept pushing him until he had to give them a war they couldn't believe.

RAMBO: First Blood Part 2: Rambo is now in incarceration doing hard labour, as a consequence being ripped to the bone, and gets called for a rescue mission involving forgotten POWs thanks to Col. Trautman, and to which the military didn't want to do. But he's tricked, abandoned and left to russians who electrocute him within an inch of his life. Luckily, Rambo gets a break, escapes, and witnesses his own Rambolina, the only person who sees Rambo as "not expendable", get killed right in front him him. Which, unfortunately for his enemies, provokes Rambo into going to absolute full beast mode. Culminating with shooting up the offices of a large Defense Contractor and bringing home POWs that the US refused to do anything about.

RAMBO 3: Rambo has basically given up on life and especially technology. He takes mortal kombat fights for a living but gives it all away to Tibetan monks, and is then called upon again when his mentor gets captured. After, he goes back to living as a recluse.

RAMBO (4): Back to the wilderness and obscurity. For all of Rambo's feats, he's just known as and used as a simple "boatman" and barely shown any respect. Even by the idealistic naive missionaries he saves, and in the process of the rescue mission, brutally rids Burma of its cruel military regime as only Rambo can. Which was absolutely outstanding!

And then there's the events of RAMBO: LAST BLOOD, and yeah, if anyone is deserving of good karma, it's John Rambo.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."