Justice League Promotion

Started by The Joker, Fri, 24 Mar 2017, 19:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Joker on Fri, 12 May  2017, 04:10

Looks like Supes anticipating Hal Jordan's appearance soon ....

There's been a few Green Lantern hints now. I wouldn't rule out a cameo now, or something which sets him up.

Mon, 22 May 2017, 23:02 #61 Last Edit: Mon, 22 May 2017, 23:11 by Travesty
Edit: wrong thread. Sorry.

NEW Justice League poster unveiled at SDCC 2017.

Gal & the Crew.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Those pics are great. Love that they are having a good time. This is going to be fun.

These posters pop. Love 'em all.

Different looks of the Batfleck.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I'm glad they're keeping Superman out of the promo pics. We all know he's going to show up, but not revealing him at this stage creates a sense of anticipation. It also gives the special effects artists more time to digitally remove Cavill's facial hair.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/07/cavills-mustache-is-messing-with-justice-league-reshoots.html

If it were up to me, I'd have the make-up people paint over his tashe. I'm sure no one would ever spot the anomaly.

We're coming into the home stretch of the pre-release marketing. So my guess is that if JL's Superman hasn't been released in publicity yet, it won't happen until after the movie comes out. But I guess never say never.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun, 13 Aug  2017, 20:33
I'm glad they're keeping Superman out of the promo pics.
Yep. Reflecting the status quo as it stands right now make sense to me. Anything that changes that situation is to be discovered by watching the film. The fact people are asking "where's Supes?, I want to see him" means the strategy is working. They're hungry for even a millisecond of footage. But at the same time I don't get why they'd want to see him now. I'd much rather leave any footage hidden away for November. I think WB definitely screwed up by revealing Doomsday in the BvS trailers. Or hell, even Wonder Woman. Imagine if all that content wasn't shown.

I kind of hope we don't see Supes in the promotional material since he likely appears later in the film. No spoilers SVP!

Even though it wasn't permanent and this sort of thing happens all the time in the comics, it would be unwise to throw away Superman's death like it's nothing. That IS what inspired the justice league to form. If they want to appeal to the masses, they should note that there will be people who wont like a dead character coming back to life so broadcasting that it will happen would turn some people off.

If I were running a promotional campaign for a super hero film, I would not include in the promotion any hero or villain who only gets one scene; Venom in spider-man 3, the rhino in amazing spider-man, Wonder Woman in Batman vs Superman. That way it would come off of a surprise cameo that the character was even there instead of a let down of its lack of screen time.