Justice League Promotion

Started by The Joker, Fri, 24 Mar 2017, 19:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 30 Mar 2017, 12:35 #40 Last Edit: Thu, 30 Mar 2017, 12:50 by The Dark Knight
This is via IMDb so keep that in mind. JL may be 2 hours 50 minutes in length.

http://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-runtime/

Fingers crossed this is true. Snyder makes epic length movies so I'd be inclined to believe it's possible.

Perhaps Snyder will be able to insist upon a longer runtime after the positive reaction to his true vision of BvS, the Ultimate Edition, and the split reaction to the theatrical cut.

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 30 Mar  2017, 02:40Oh well, to me, and if anything, Snyder as a director can take solace that it's better to have fans debate your line of films for years, rather than the alternative, which is playing it safe and not be talked about hardly at all.  ;)
This is quite true, now that you mention it. By way of example, Ant-Man came and went. It's not an active subject of discussion for most people now. It's just kind of there. It was a product. It was consumed and now it has been forgotten. How often do any of us fondly look back at that Big Mac with extra cheese we ate on July 16, 1998?

BVS is hotly debated, even now. Hell. one might say especially now. It came out a year ago but both sides are still duking it out. Those who love it might compare it to a fine, medium-rare steak served in a swanky restaurant while those who hate it gripe about the cost of the steak.

Interesting...

Very true statements from both of you.

That's what I dig about stories with monumental plot beats, eg. Superman dying, Batman taking names, etc. They illicit a strong response in the community/fan base which keeps people talking. These stories are going to be the ones that are remembered, for better or worse. They just don't come and go like the majority of films these days. With JL, Snyder has the whole Superman resurrection to handle. That's his main hook and I can't wait to see what he does with it.

I can see Snyder's trilogy of MoS, BvS and JL eliciting strong discussion for many years to come. As far as I am concerned, Snyder is the modern day Tim Burton and in some ways, I think he's even better. He's a once in generation talent. A misunderstood genius. The Quentin Tarantino of comic book films. Not afraid to ramp up the violence. Not afraid to make long length films. They both put their personality on the screen. They both have balls of steel to say to the audience love it or leave. And I love them both for it.

Well, you're going to love this TDK. Snyder gave this little cheeky reply to somebody complaining about the rumoured running time on Twitter.

Quote from: jon berg
@ZackSnyder Disappointed the JL movie is only 170 minutes... also curious as movie isn't finished yet, but IMDB knows exact running time?
Quote from: Zack Snyder
@thejonberg Forgot to tell you that I screened the first cut of JL for IMDB. Thought that was standard WB procedure. No?

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/847656233381146625
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 31 Mar  2017, 04:32I can see Snyder's trilogy of MoS, BvS and JL eliciting strong discussion for many years to come. As far as I am concerned, Snyder is the modern day Tim Burton and in some ways, I think he's even better. He's a once in generation talent. A misunderstood genius.
Speaking of which, it does make me wonder where he'll land after Justice League. I assume he'll remain active in the DCEU. Reeves already has Batman locked up so maybe Snyder will return to Superman? It's hard to say. But I want him to stick around in some capacity.

I like the idea he comes back for JL2 later down the line, after The Batman and Man of Steel 2 are wrapped up.

I heard that those degenerates on Collider are guessing that the Flash is going to go back in time to "reboot" the DC universe to make everything "light" and "fun" because we see a shot of him running towards the Speed Force.

Is there anything these clickbait sellouts won't stoop so low for?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

It's not the best poster, but it gets the job done. I'm assuming they're looking off into the distance at Superman.

I'd probably like it more if they removed the text, or made it smaller at the bottom.