Justice League Promotion

Started by The Joker, Fri, 24 Mar 2017, 19:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Looking forward to it. I could live without any more trailers but I guess one more isn't too bad.

Hell f***ing yes!

Love it. Love love love.

My initial thoughts:

The song choice was perfect.
Seems like they're sticking with the Zimmer Superman theme...as they should.
They also didn't give anything away in regards to Supes, which is great.

I think they're going to have Steppenwolf beat the League members up, only for Superman to return and complete the team. It should be really heartwarming and epic. Think TDK Rises, but this time the final battle against the villain is satisfying.

It seems they're going to address the Knightmare from BvS, and Superman will probably be having visions of his own from inside the casket. As a Batfleck/DCEU supporter who liked BvS, I can honestly say I'm satisfied with where JL is going.

I can't believe it's only a month until the film hits. It's going to be a hard wait.

Seriously dig that trailer. The bit with Cavill at the beginning really helps emphasize that MOS, BVS and JL will be a trilogy of sorts for Superman while BVS, WW and JL will be a trilogy for Wonder Woman. I'm guessing BVS, JL and The Batman will be a trilogy for Batman.

Assuming that's all true, I kind of like how BVS is the crux of three different trilogies for three different characters. It's the fulcrum of the entire DCEU up to this point. It's a more innovative way of doing a shared universe than anything we've seen from Marvel lately.

The future looks bright.

I really dug the opening with Lois and Superman.

This cinematic version of Aquaman seems like alot of fun. I like the enthusiastic, happy, roaring warrior archetype a lot.

Batfleck is always aces.

And, of course, Wonder Woman makes me happy.

Really hope to see this opening night.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

This was a reassuring trailer for the true believers.

It's good to see the updated credits have 'a Zack Snyder film' and 'directed by Zack Snyder'. Whedon gets his credit with the screenplay alongside Chris Terrio. Clickbait BS sites were trying to make us believe an entire film could be reshot and rejigged into something else entirely in the space of a month or so. I'm a skeptical person most of the time, but the studio position on the reshoots simply makes sense.

Every hero is going to get their moment to shine, and Zack really came to the party in terms of mythic visuals. Batman looking at the bat signal while the batwing rises to the rooftop? Wonder Woman standing on the statue, and later flicking up her sword? I love it. I'm expecting the film to be inspirational and enjoyable to watch.

Quote from: The Joker on Sun,  8 Oct  2017, 23:49
And, of course, Wonder Woman makes me happy.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  9 Oct  2017, 00:21This was a reassuring trailer for the true believers.

It's good to see the updated credits have 'a Zack Snyder film' and 'directed by Zack Snyder'. Whedon gets his credit with the screenplay alongside Chris Terrio. Clickbait BS sites were trying to make us believe an entire film could be reshot and rejigged into something else entirely in the space of a month or so. I'm a skeptical person most of the time, but the studio position on the reshoots simply makes sense.
The more I think about it, the more I can't help thinking that Snyder might've left because of his child's death... but the decision to leave was that much easier precisely because the "fans" have been such a-holes. There's only so much crap anybody can take. I wouldn't be surprised if he just doesn't have the will to put up with the abuse anymore. The online jerks obviously broke George Lucas. I wouldn't be surprised if they broke Zack Snyder too.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon,  9 Oct  2017, 01:04
The more I think about it, the more I can't help thinking that Snyder might've left because of his child's death... but the decision to leave was that much easier precisely because the "fans" have been such a-holes.
There's such a hateful tone against the DCEU. The narrative is that Wonder Woman is the only decent film in the franchise, MoS was disappointing and BvS a train-wreck. The haters can't get over their anti Zack Snyder bias, nor can they get over the fact DC didn't copy Marvel's exact template before creating a Justice League film. These people don't want the DC films to be a success for those two core reasons. Along with the fact Nolan lovers want to tear down his immediate replacement. I don't think there's such a thing as being the 'bigger man'. Being the 'bigger man' means you get walked over. You hold your tongue and the slobs mouth off while you say nothing. Nah. Punching back is the way to go. The anti-DCEU crowd can go to hell.