Justice League Promotion

Started by The Joker, Fri, 24 Mar 2017, 19:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Mon,  2 Oct  2017, 13:20
Quote from: The Joker on Mon,  2 Oct  2017, 07:19
Quote from: Azrael on Mon,  2 Oct  2017, 07:06
My first thought when I saw this

That brings all kinds of nostalgic memories of the '90's and picking up the Burton/Schumacher Batman movie comic adaptations.

I wish they'd revive that tradition. When was the last time DC produced a comic adaption of one of their feature films? I know they published prequel tie-ins for Superman Returns and some of their other more recent movies. But when did they last publish a full-on adaptation? Batman Begins? Have there been any others since?

[/center]

I hate to be the one to say it but Marvel's been doing it with every MCU movie since phase one- they call them preludes and they're somewhat prequels to the movie but somewhat parts of the movie itself shown from a different character's perspective. And it's easier to get in a character's head in comic format than on film.

I think the Nolan films make it difficult to translate to other media because of how grounded they are. Even if you were to go the route of the Burton/Schumacher comic adaptions, how on earth do you condense the Nolan films with so much dialogue? Batman Begins is the only one which seems like it was marketable in other mediums such as a pretty good video game. I actually think a comic adaptation of the Dark Knight Rises would illustrate how far that movie strayed from the source material. Reading the Burton/Schumacher adaptations still felt like reading a batman comic book. I'm not sure the same could be done for adaptations of TDK or TDKR although losing Bale's voice wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

I'm not sure why Batman v Superman didn't do it, especially with complaints that many people wanted an Affleck Batman film first before he fought supes, a fair comprimise could have been a prequel comic series from Batman's perspective.

Back to the film at hand, I'm glad Affleck is on board thus far. Every thing I see him in impresses me, I don't think his Batman is as good as Keatons but I do think his balance between Bruce and Batman is the best. All the other actors are good at one or the other. While Suicide Squad underwhelmed, it wasn't because of the scenes Ben was in, he was on his game  again in both roles.

Tue, 3 Oct 2017, 02:54 #101 Last Edit: Tue, 3 Oct 2017, 03:25 by The Dark Knight

A new trailer is expected for New York Comic-Con this weekend. Meanwhile here are some new character posters. Batfleck looks good in all the promos so far, but I particularly like this one. The pose is dynamic and the coloured lighting brings out the texturing on his cape and cowl. I find this image somewhat evocative of the nineties Batman films.

Those are rather nice. They've used the same Alex Ross inspired palette, which I like. The fact they have the emblems at the top, including Superman's shield, leads me to believe they'll give him a character poster at some point. The logos 'light up' when the corresponding hero is standing below as well. The Alex Ross inspired image with all four together is THE image for this film. The rest are just gravy.

Love those. And I agree Silver about Batsy's kind of reminding us of the 90s movies. Which is a very good thing.

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu,  5 Oct  2017, 01:33
Love those. And I agree Silver about Batsy's kind of reminding us of the 90s movies. Which is a very good thing.

And we'll have some scores from Danny Elfman although probably not the ones we  all fell in love with.

Fri, 6 Oct 2017, 08:22 #107 Last Edit: Fri, 6 Oct 2017, 08:23 by The Dark Knight
A featurette on the Mercedes Benz cars that feature in Justice League.

Bruce's prototype car has got to be one the coolest I've seen. Zack Snyder saw a vehicle on the Gran Turismo video game and wanted it in the film. This car was just designed for the game and was never a real functioning vehicle.

Zack, you madman genius! Hands down the best Bruce Wayne car of all time.

We also see the footage straight after Barry and Bruce's "what are your super powers again?" scene. And it's fan-funking-tastic. Bruce drives off onto a highway ramp at full speed. And we later see Barry/Bruce and the car on a hydraulic lift with Diana waiting for them on the ground.

Take a look for yourself.

Oh, and, uh...I also made this GIF because reasons.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri,  6 Oct  2017, 08:22
Oh, and, uh...I also made this GIF because reasons.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Hot Wheels better be on this.