Rogues Gallery

Started by Travesty, Tue, 28 Feb 2017, 23:18

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Azrael on Fri, 25 Aug  2017, 17:58
Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 28 Feb  2017, 23:18
So now that the ball is rolling, who would you like to see in the new Batman movie?

I wanna see Clayface. I think it's time, and the technology is definitely there.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 19 Mar  2017, 01:02
Clayface could be cool. I'd also want to see Man-Bat. That could be a good change of pace.

I'd also love to see Clayface and Man-Bat.
Both characters are fantastic, and I'd also support them being used. The time is right considering the science fiction elements have returned to the Batman world. And the inclusion of fantastical characters doesn't mean the tone lightens up. Check out the Arkham games, BTAS and elsewhere.

Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 28 Feb  2017, 23:18
So now that the ball is rolling, who would you like to see in the new Batman movie?

I wanna see Clayface. I think it's time, and the technology is definitely there.

Riddler, Penguin, Ventriloquist.

Seems to be a possibility we'll get Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Two-Face, Mad Hatter and Firefly.

A film in which Battinson works his way through a rogues gallery before meeting the big bad, ala Hush, would be really neat.

One thing that sounds nice about all of this, is that it looks like the rouges are already established, so we don't have to go through a sort of origin story with the villain, where they'll most likely die at the end. With this, it sounds like they're already up and running, which could be cool.

But I guess we'll see.

Am I the only one wondering if this movie will riff heavily on the Arkham games?

Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 13 Jun  2019, 23:00
One thing that sounds nice about all of this, is that it looks like the rouges are already established, so we don't have to go through a sort of origin story with the villain, where they'll most likely die at the end. With this, it sounds like they're already up and running, which could be cool.

But I guess we'll see.
There's also been talk about Robin appearing, which I'd love, but I'm not sure if it'll happen or not. I do think the villain roster will be large, which is a refreshing and exciting development. I think Arkham Origins would be a nice way to handle the villains. For example, Black Mask/Joker lingering in the background, while Batman interrogates Penguin at a warehouse, and then Deathstoke shows up, leading the investigations elsewhere. Battinson doesn't seem to be having a lengthy origin story, as he'll just be. The same should theoretically apply to the villains. Especially for pace, as there's a bunch of them.