Congratulations to Batman v Superman

Started by johnnygobbs, Sun, 26 Feb 2017, 08:49

Previous topic - Next topic
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Sun, 26 Feb 2017, 09:56 #1 Last Edit: Sun, 26 Feb 2017, 10:05 by The Dark Knight
All this Razzie BS just goes to show how much biased hate exists for the movie - just like the ridiculously unbelievable 27% on RT.

Ben Affleck and Cavill getting a Razzie just highlights how logic goes out the window when blind hate is involved. It's just silly. They try and tear down the film's biggest strength (Affleck) and make it a weakness. I don't like the characterisation of Batman or Superman so the film sucks! That's just like the boneheaded decision to give Danny DeVito's Penguin a Razzie. That was dumb then and it's still dumb now.

The Razzie a-holes just highlight how out of touch and left leaning they are by giving 'Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party' the worst film of 2016. Girlbusters is nowhere on their list either. Heaven forbid they put that SJW piece of garbage on there.

I wear these awards as a badge of honor. As Director Dinesh said: "Being dissed by you guys, this is absolutely fantastic. My audience loves the fact that you hate me. The reason you are giving it to me is because you're very upset Trump won. You've never got over it, you probably never will."

These 'awards' exist to make haters feel good about themselves, and to once again try and make their opinion undisputed fact. This especially caters to the pricks who didn't even see the movie. I call them so called fans. That's all they are. Fact is, BvS is becoming a cult classic. People who were ambivalent about the theatrical cut are enjoying the ultimate edition. But don't talk about that.

But whatever makes these pricks sleep well at night.

Sun, 26 Feb 2017, 10:16 #2 Last Edit: Sun, 26 Feb 2017, 10:18 by Azrael
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 26 Feb  2017, 09:56

Ben Affleck and Cavill getting a Razzie just highlights how logic goes out the window when blind hate is involved. It's just silly. They try and tear down the film's biggest strength (Affleck) and make it a weakness. I don't like the characterisation of Batman or Superman so the film sucks! That's just like the boneheaded decision to give Danny DeVito's Penguin a Razzie. That was dumb then and it's still dumb now.

word

Quote from: Azrael on Sun, 26 Feb  2017, 10:16

word

Agreed. I didn't even know that DeVito actually 'won' a Razzie for his role as the Penguin. I thought he was only nominated.

Well, in that case, we might as well believe in the rhetoric that suggests DeVito's Penguin "was a perverted, pathetic creep with mummy and daddy issues" and curse Burton for not giving us "the classic Penguin from the comics". After all, if critics say so, it must be true, right?

Wrong. I have a mind of my own, thank you very much. So to hell with the critics. Maybe Affleck should've copied Bale's shtick by speaking like an asthmatic trying to roar his way to victory. That's people's idea of great acting, apparently.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 26 Feb  2017, 11:06
Agreed. I didn't even know that DeVito actually 'won' a Razzie for his role as the Penguin. I thought he was only nominated.
I've checked, and DeVito was only nominated. The point stands though - they considered this amazing performance abysmal and worthy of derision. So thanks for the Razzies for BvS. I definitely know the movie is great now.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 26 Feb  2017, 11:25
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 26 Feb  2017, 11:06
I've checked, and DeVito was only nominated. The point stands though - they considered this amazing performance abysmal and worthy of derision. So thanks for the Razzies for BvS. I definitely know the movie is great now.

Ah, okay. Well, here is a list of undeserved Razzie nominations including DeVito.
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/razzies/28958/10-mystifying-razzie-nominations

Seriously, Stanley Kubrick and Shelly Duvall were respectively nominated for Razzies as Worst Director and Worst Actress for The Shining? Get the f*** out of here.

These 'awards' exist to make haters feel good about themselves, and to once again try and make their opinion undisputed fact. This especially caters to the pricks who didn't even see the movie. I call them so called fans.

Describing people who jumped on the hate bandwagon without bothering to see the movie as 'so called fans' is too generous. I'd prefer to call them sheep;)
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 26 Feb  2017, 11:36
Ah, okay. Well, here is a list of undeserved Razzie nominations including DeVito.
http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/razzies/28958/10-mystifying-razzie-nominations

Seriously, Stanley Kubrick and Shelly Duvall were respectively nominated for Razzies as Worst Director and Worst Actress for The Shining? Get the f*** out of here.
But the Razzies are infallible! They were nominated for Razzies and the Razzies are never wrong! The Shining sucks!

I'm just amazed Ghostbusters and Suicide Squad didn't win any. Ghostbusters singlehandedly euthanized one of the most beloved franchises of all time. It did far more damage to the Ghostbusters brand than BvS did for Batman. Surely that's more deserving of the worst remake award.

As far as Batman's history with the Razzies goes, both Batman Returns and Batman Begins got one nomination each, and they're now regarded as classics. Batman Forever also got one nomination. Batman & Robin was the first Batman film to actually win a Razzie (worst supporting actress for Silverstone). BvS holds the record for the most number of Razzie wins (tied with Halle Berry's Catwoman), but B&R retains the record for the most number of nominations overall (11 noms, but only 1 win).

Regarding the credibility of the Golden Raspberries (or lack thereof), it's worth remembering that they also nominated Ennio Morricone for worst original score for John Carpenter's The Thing (1982), Brian De Palma as worst director for Scarface (1983), and Heather Donahue as worst actress for The Blair Witch Project (1999). So BvS is in good company.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun, 26 Feb  2017, 15:29
I'm just amazed Ghostbusters and Suicide Squad didn't win any. Ghostbusters singlehandedly euthanized one of the most beloved franchises of all time. It did far more damage to the Ghostbusters brand than BvS did for Batman. Surely that's more deserving of the worst remake award.

As far as Batman's history with the Razzies goes, both Batman Returns and Batman Begins got one nomination each, and they're now regarded as classics. Batman Forever also got one nomination. Batman & Robin was the first Batman film to actually win a Razzie (worst supporting actress for Silverstone). BvS holds the record for the most number of Razzie wins (tied with Halle Berry's Catwoman), but B&R retains the record for the most number of nominations overall (11 noms, but only 1 win).

Regarding the credibility of the Golden Raspberries (or lack thereof), it's worth remembering that they also nominated Ennio Morricone for worst original score for John Carpenter's The Thing (1982), Brian De Palma as worst director for Scarface (1983), and Heather Donahue as worst actress for The Blair Witch Project (1999). So BvS is in good company.
I'm not sure I agree with you about Ghostbusters, but your third paragraph is spot-on.

Any remote credibility the Razzies might claim is immediately countered by nominations for The Shining and Scarface, both of which are rightly regarded as modern classics, not to mention Batman Returns and The Thing.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Well, you should be even more amazed, Silver Nemesis. SS just won an Oscar, lol.