"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
The Riddler's theme just dropped. I like this a lot. Slow buildup and then it just gets really creepy. I'm diggin the vibe.

I like it. And honestly, I can take or leave most of Michael Giacchino's work. Most of it never grabbed me. But his Batman music is literally the best stuff he's ever done.

As a side note, I'm very much enjoying this version of the Riddler. In a certain kind of way, Reeves isn't breaking new ground with the Riddler. Because fans have been clamoring for something similar to this Zodiac thing for a long time now. But he's the one who's finally doing it so in that sense he's doing something new and original with the character.

Nothing against Gorshin or Carrey (or Glover) but the Riddler has needed a reimagining for a long time and I salute Reeves for finally pulling the trigger (so to speak).

My anticipation for this movie isn't dying down. If anything, I'm starting to consider buying a theater ticket. That's sort of a big deal for me since I was planning to be a cheerleader on the sidelines and then finally watch the movie on streaming later.

Yeah, Riddler has needed a reimaging for a long, long time. He's been one of my least favorite rouges for a bit. I was a little disappointed when he found out he was the villain, but I'm absolutely loving what we've seen from him.

Fri, 4 Feb 2022, 23:20 #493 Last Edit: Sat, 5 Feb 2022, 08:00 by The Dark Knight
Edit

Sat, 5 Feb 2022, 07:53 #494 Last Edit: Sat, 5 Feb 2022, 07:56 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: Travesty on Wed,  2 Feb  2022, 17:25
Yeah, I'll probably be getting the Making Of book, as well.
The cover for that was recently released:

BoxOfficePro projects the US opening weekend will be between $135 million to $185 million, with the cumulative domestic box office result between $340 million to $540 million. Big numbers being thrown around - let's see what happens.

Edit: For some reason I didn't see all the posts on this other page. So...

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri,  4 Feb  2022, 17:09
I like it. And honestly, I can take or leave most of Michael Giacchino's work. Most of it never grabbed me. But his Batman music is literally the best stuff he's ever done.
Absolutely. Since his Batman theme dropped I've been listening to it quite a lot, and it's really fantastic. The emotional segment in the middle isn't just something to endure while waiting for the main dark beats to arrive, either. It does cut to the heart of who the character is, in a very BTAS/Walker way. The Riddler Theme is a slam dunk. As someone who thinks his previous work is serviceable, Mike has stepped up to the plate big time here. A lot of the players seem to have done that.

As a side note, I'm very much enjoying this version of the Riddler. In a certain kind of way, Reeves isn't breaking new ground with the Riddler. Because fans have been clamoring for something similar to this Zodiac thing for a long time now. But he's the one who's finally doing it so in that sense he's doing something new and original with the character.

Nothing against Gorshin or Carrey (or Glover) but the Riddler has needed a reimagining for a long time and I salute Reeves for finally pulling the trigger (so to speak).
Yep. Darker incarnations of Riddler have been trending for a while in other mediums and it's time for that to make the jump to the big screen. The Riddler has long been one of my top four or so villains in the rogues gallery. Probably third, after Joker and Bane. I see elements of Anarky in the Reeves version too, which makes the ingredients all the more appealing: someone creepy attacking from the shadows but with merit to his argument.

My anticipation for this movie isn't dying down. If anything, I'm starting to consider buying a theater ticket. That's sort of a big deal for me since I was planning to be a cheerleader on the sidelines and then finally watch the movie on streaming later.
You do whatever you're comfortable with, but I'd recommend a cinema experience. If anything is worthy of the occasion, it's this.

There's clips of how Batman transforms into his wingsuit. I've watched it a dozen times, and I honestly can't tell how it works. It just looks like a quick CGI cut.

Quote from: Travesty on Tue,  8 Feb  2022, 20:13
There's clips of how Batman transforms into his wingsuit. I've watched it a dozen times, and I honestly can't tell how it works. It just looks like a quick CGI cut.
Looks like the cape is folded and unwraps around his chest very quickly after pulling a cord. I think it works - feels like a more realistic version of the BR glider while still being fantastical in nature.

Got my tickets for Thursday the 3rd!

Pattinson has said he's happy to play Batman for as long as he's wanted (a trilogy and appearances in the HBO Max shows presumably) and "I'd love to do something like Court of Owls." Yes, yes, yes. A secret society fits perfectly with this universe, following on from what the Riddler is trying to expose in the first movie. And would also double down on the attempt to make Gotham more of a living, breathing world of depth and intrigue.

He actually said he wants to do the Court of Owls? That's pretty cool.

He also said he's sat down with Reeves and they talked about where they want the character to go in future movies. Maybe they talked about the Owls? What's the full quote on that?