"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 21 Jan 2022, 15:49 #440 Last Edit: Wed, 26 Jan 2022, 21:14 by thecolorsblend
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 21 Jan  2022, 08:53
The cowl and the Batmobile feel like darker updates of the 1966 TV show, giving a sense of simplicity that feels accessible. It's a subtle form of realism considering the concept of Batman is far from being real.

Burton understood Batman from his own innate love of weird loners who had bad childhoods. And he had the most visual flair. Nolan came with a love of crime drama. Snyder shared Burton's love of visuals, with a specific focus on heightened drama. Reeves does seem to be the biggest pure Batman fan of the lot, and we'll soon see how that translates to the big screen.

This track from the official soundtrack was released:

I personally think Giacchino is inferior to Elfman and Zimmer, but he's proving to be suitable for this film and also Batman. I like that he's providing something more traditional in terms of melody, and his main theme itself is instantly identifiable. Can't wait to hear the rest.
Loving that brooding piano theme. It does a good job of emphasizing Bruce's single-minded devotion to the cause. Plus, the theme can be played in a lot of different ways.

I like the soundtrack, but it feels a bit disjointed. The main Batman theme is easily identifiable, and I like it a lot, but the first part doesn't really blend into it smoothly. It sounds like 2 completely different tracks. I do like both parts, though. It just feels a bit fragmented.

I'm really excited to hear how this sounds within the movie, as that's the most important part. I wasn't really a fan of Zimmer's soundtrack in TDK and TDKR. It didn't really work for me. I thought it was implemented much better in BB. Elfman's is still my favorite, especially his BR soundtrack. And then Shirley Walker's was great as well, but was just more of a continuation of Elfman's.

Quote from: Travesty on Fri, 21 Jan  2022, 15:54
I like the soundtrack, but it feels a bit disjointed. The main Batman theme is easily identifiable, and I like it a lot, but the first part doesn't really blend into it smoothly. It sounds like 2 completely different tracks. I do like both parts, though. It just feels a bit fragmented.

I'm really excited to hear how this sounds within the movie, as that's the most important part. I wasn't really a fan of Zimmer's soundtrack in TDK and TDKR. It didn't really work for me. I thought it was implemented much better in BB. Elfman's is still my favorite, especially his BR soundtrack. And then Shirley Walker's was great as well, but was just more of a continuation of Elfman's.
I'm operating on the assumption that the track is either a blend of two different pieces or else something happens in the scene to account for the tonal shift.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last thing before credits roll. Not predicting anything, just saying that would make sense.

Quote from: Travesty on Fri, 21 Jan  2022, 15:54
I'm confident this is a Suite rather than a pure Batman theme, the same thing Michael did with his Spider-Man scores by splicing in the Mysterio and Peter/MJ themes. I'd say the middle part of The Batman cue is Wayne family related, with other elements possibly relating to his relationship with Selina.

Sun, 23 Jan 2022, 01:11 #444 Last Edit: Sun, 23 Jan 2022, 01:13 by Kamdan
Anyone else see the funeral scene clip that apparently just appeared on YouTube? I saw it as an ad while watching another video. I don't want to post it without spoiling anything but I'll just say that I liked the scene better when they did it in Batman '89 when The Joker makes his debut in front of City Hall.

Here's the clip if people want to watch:

I dig the atmosphere. Bruce eavesdropping on Gordon talking to another officer is very Batman (1989).

QuoteI dig the atmosphere. Bruce eavesdropping on Gordon talking to another officer is very Batman (1989).
I was digging that vibe too, but they went too far with Bruce Wayne doing a Batman act out of costume. That's why I liked it better executed in Batman '89. Plus the gimmick by the Riddler is right out of Ledger's Joker.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 23 Jan  2022, 01:36
Here's the clip if people want to watch:

I dig the atmosphere. Bruce eavesdropping on Gordon talking to another officer is very Batman (1989).
The bit of business with the bomb around the guy's neck reminded me of Brian Wells. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Brian_Wells

Good scene. Seems like every new thing that comes along confirms that this will be a superior film.

Definitely. You can see the arc they have planned. A man completely in the zone as Batman and needing to step up to the plate as a more rounded person, be it a public figure, a company man or someone with any other outside interests. To be honest, while I'm happy to see those character changes take place over a series of films, I'd be fine with a hypersensitive Bruce remaining longer term. This scene alone ticks a number of boxes: Bruce feeling a connection to the young orphan boy, listening to Gordon and noticing the Riddler when nobody else does. As a Burton fan I'm estatic this is the type of portrayal we're getting. Burton will always be at the top for me, but it seems like Reeves is taking their spirit and expanding upon it.

I liked the scene. It shows Bruce is really concentrated on the boy who just lost his father. You can tell he feels really bad for the kid. I also like how in the zone he is when he sees Riddler in the rafters, and then he runs and rescues the kid from the vehicle busting through the church. Good stuff.