"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
Pretty cool vid with a lot of theories that I haven't heard before. Nice breakdown of the trailer.

New behind the scenes footage with Gordon and Batman:

https://twitter.com/chickasawbatman/status/1459742847616311296

Commenting strictly on Jeffrey Wright's on screen persona, I like the charisma he brings to the table. I liked him as Felix Leiter, and if he brings similar energy to Gordon things should be fine there too. The most exciting part of this new footage is Batman using the flashlight during what seems like an investigation. Every new little thing builds my confidence in Reeves and his vision.

Yeah, they both look good.

From the looks of the trailer and these shots, it looks like they work pretty close on these cases.

Quote from: Travesty on Mon, 15 Nov  2021, 23:21
Yeah, they both look good.

From the looks of the trailer and these shots, it looks like they work pretty close on these cases.
Schumacher had a closer Batman/Gordon relationship compared to Burton, but it still didn't approach BTAS levels. Same goes for the Nolan era. I don't think anything will approach the 1966 series, but I have a feeling Reeves will be the runner up in live action. And I see that as a good thing. In most incarnations of Batman, Gordon is a huge part of his life, nearly as much as Alfred. Which may prove relevant if the talk about Alfred dying proves to be genuine. Wright's Gordon could play a vital role in bringing Batman back from the darkness, tempering his brutality with a more traditional sense of justice and detective work.

So it looks like there's been screenings, and pretty reliable people are posting spoilers.

It looks like:

Barry Keoghan is The Joker, and he shows up at the end.

Weird, he's listed as playing Merkel in the semi-official sources.

Yeah, I don't know if it's true or not, but it's been going around. Just a heads up.

Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 18 Nov  2021, 15:49
So it looks like there's been screenings, and pretty reliable people are posting spoilers.

It looks like:

Barry Keoghan is The Joker, and he shows up at the end.
Sounds good to me. Apparently this scene was omitted in the first couple of test screenings. They could be deciding just how much of a tease they want for the sequel.

I'm interested in how he'll look.

I have a feeling it'll be closer to Joaquin.

Sat, 20 Nov 2021, 00:32 #429 Last Edit: Sat, 20 Nov 2021, 00:34 by The Dark Knight
I would prefer not, especially if JOKER 2 does get made. My advice would be to say F it (or effort), and go with elements of the Leatherface look from Death of the Family, mixed in with the more realistic acid scarring of Gotham. We've had permawhite Leto, but nonetheless, I think we've had enough makeup only Jokers in recent times. The Reevesverse has a dark and gritty vibe but also an element of horror. My two recommended influences fit the bill.