"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 16 Oct  2021, 21:00
The movie is shaping up to be even better than I expected.
That's an understatement.

The part at 1:39, where they're just unloading bullets into him, and he's walking slowly, as he takes them down.

Bah, it's so good.

I love the fight stye that Pattinson has. *chef's kiss

Serkis is near identical to his Earth One counterpart. Kravitz has grown on me, and in terms of screen time and character development I'm sure she'll be much better than Hathaway. This version of Gotham is exactly the type of thing we wanted during the Nolan era. A real world but make it feel otherworldly. The whole production has a freshness about it that is hard to deny.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 16 Oct  2021, 21:17
This version of Gotham is exactly the type of thing we wanted during the Nolan era. A real world but make it feel otherworldly. The whole production has a freshness about it that is hard to deny.
Absolutely. It's something that BB was going towards, but then with TDK and TDKR, Gotham just looked way too clean and sterile.

But who cares now, cause Matt Reeves has given us a fantastic looking Gotham.

So good!

Also, the music works perfectly. A classical styled, orchestrated theme hits different.

The build up of the score at the end, as he's walking slowly towards Penguin's car.

It's frightening.

Looks top notch. To say the VERY least!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sat, 16 Oct  2021, 20:52
This was hands down the best part of the entire FanDome event. The trailer was great. The cinematography is superb, Battinson looks unstoppable, and that's got to be the best live action Gotham since the Burton era.
That trailer justifies all the positive feelings I've had about this movie.

This thing is going to be HUGE.

Between Snyder and Reeves, this is exactly how Batman should be fighting in live action. This is the standard now. What I'm excited about is the fact we're getting a Batman movie, not a Bruce Wayne movie. The idea that every waking minute is spent thinking about the mission in a hyper obsessed way, to the point "I don't care what happens to me." Pattinson is going to shoot up my actor rankings very quickly indeed.

Pattinson vs Joaquin: make it happen!

*I know it wont happen, but make it happen