"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
I like those, particularly Batman's. It has the spirit of the Begins teasers while having a completely different palette.

Reeves tweeted this image of Selina:

The lighting in all the shots drenches them in a permanent atmosphere of darkness, which is impressive. If the movie can keep that up for the near three hours we will have a Batman movie unlike any other.

Yeah, I'm absolutely loving the overall atmosphere and tone, which is something I really hated about TDK and TDKR. It was way too sterile for me, but Matte Reeves seems to have gotten it right. Very gritty.

And yeah, Selina looks great in that pic.

The film being narrated by Pattinson will be one of the main things that sets this apart. It not just allows Batman to drive the film from his perspective, but it's a comic book brought to life. Comics are all about internal monologues being placed over art panels. It's a really exciting mix having something so dark and real but presented through the prism of rich atmosphere.

Oh

my

god!

Holy sh*t, that trailer knocked it out the water. I can't believe how good this movie looks. I'm soooooo happy right now.

Wow!

Wow, wow, wow!

Goddamn, this looks so good.

I want that 4K version.

Well, looks like I'm doing nothing but rewatching this trailer all night. I'm so happy with everything I'm seeing!

This was hands down the best part of the entire FanDome event. The trailer was great. The cinematography is superb, Battinson looks unstoppable, and that's got to be the best live action Gotham since the Burton era.

This looks like one of the best Batman movies of all time. My instant impression is that it seems to be on a whole other level to the other films. Very, very impressive.

I can't believe how much I love the Batsuit and Batmobile. I remember hating them when we got the first looks at them. Not anymore.

I love what Matt Reeves has done here. Gotham looks so scary.

Bah, I love it!

Pattinson needs to do at least three films. I can see why they're going all in with his universe. I think we're barely going to see Wayne Manor here, and he's going to spend the majority of his time in the cave. I feel the energy of the Arkham Origins Batman in his aggression, the way he moves and the combat. The cinematography is flawless, and has a level of slickness I don't think we've seen to this extent. The movie is shaping up to be even better than I expected.