"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Travesty on Fri,  8 Oct  2021, 15:31Nice! Looks like we have a fully bearded Alfred, and The Riddler's symbol/question mark looks very much like The Zodiac's symbol, which should be of no surprise, since his costume looks like it, too.
I'm fine with it since the parallels between the Riddler and the Zodiac are pretty obvious.

"When Batman ventures out on his motorcycle, he can disguise himself as his alter ego, The Drifter."

Well, this seems to be their own version of Matches Malone. But perhaps in the spirit of Clint Eastwood. Some mysterious street identity who rides around on his motorized steed, silently observing and having his own reputation in the underworld. If that's the plan, consider me on board.

The Batcave will look great, I'm sure. I'm more interested in the Wayne Manor situation. We've seen or heard nothing about it, which makes me question their plans for it. Hopefully the new trailer sheds some light on that.

Yeah, we saw Matches/Drifter in the trailer and in spy shots, which makes sense, since Wayne is a well known billionaire, so he has to walk around or ride his motorcycle with a mask on. And it seems even more plausible in this new Covid era we're in.

I like it.

A tease of the Fandome trailer, with Rob whispering "it's not just a signal, it's a warning."

https://twitter.com/TheBatman/status/1448634751565410307

The voice is excellent. Natural and ghostly. More akin to Keaton and Kilmer.

Yeah, I like it. I really like that batsignal tease, too. The red theme is so strong. Very unique for a live action Batman.

Can't wait for Saturday with the new trailer. Expect me to be going ape sh*t around here.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 14 Oct  2021, 13:21
A tease of the Fandome trailer, with Rob whispering "it's not just a signal, it's a warning."

https://twitter.com/TheBatman/status/1448634751565410307

The voice is excellent. Natural and ghostly. More akin to Keaton and Kilmer.
The nature of the bat signal needed to change in the modern world. It's not just for summoning Batman anymore; it's for striking fear in the bad guys. Nolan hinted at that in TDK but it seems like Reeves is making it more explicit. Which is perfectly welcome, if you ask me.

The red is a nice touch too. Stylized and, in-universe, probably more likely to catch everybody's attention.

Still digging Pattinson's voice too. I reassert that this movie is shaping up to be something special.

Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 14 Oct  2021, 13:47Can't wait for Saturday with the new trailer. Expect me to be going ape sh*t around here.

Imagine if we get a new trailer for The Batman and a glimpse of Keaton in his new Batsuit. The level of excitement around here is going to be palpable.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 14 Oct  2021, 14:43The nature of the bat signal needed to change in the modern world. It's not just for summoning Batman anymore; it's for striking fear in the bad guys. Nolan hinted at that in TDK but it seems like Reeves is making it more explicit. Which is perfectly welcome, if you ask me.

I always liked the idea of the Bat-Signal being like an air raid siren. When it appears in the sky above Gotham, the entire city tenses up with fear. Parents order their kids to hurry inside. Citizens bolt their doors and put something cheerful on the TV or radio to distract them from what's happening outside. Anyone heading for a night on the town quickly changes their plans and makes for the nearest safe refuge. When the Bat-Signal appears, it signifies that the Batman's on his way – and that means something very, very bad is going down.

Matt Reeves posted this image on twitter. I love the way Gotham looks. Absolutely love it!

The signal pretty much always served the dual purpose of alerting Batman but also inspiring dread into villains. But it's being made more explicitly clear, which works a lot better in darker interpretations. In the modern world it's more believable Batman has instant real time crime alerts that get sent to electronic equipment, and the like. But it's vitally important the concept of a signal is retained, because it's traditional Batman. It needs to stay.

New images. I love The riddler pic. Looks so damn creepy.