"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
Admittedly, I've been slowly coming around on this Batmobile over time.

Initially, I was kinda, "ehhh", or just indifferent, as this interpretation doesn't really scream BATMAN when looking at it,  but I'm getting more willing to roll with it to be perfectly honest.

I recall having similar initial reactions to the tumbler, and Hardys Bane. Both of which were aesthetically jarring in their appearance, but work well within the framework.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Wed,  5 May  2021, 01:18

Initially, I was kinda, "ehhh", or just indifferent, as this interpretation doesn't really scream BATMAN when looking at it,  but I'm getting more willing to roll with it to be perfectly honest.

I recall having similar initial reactions to the tumbler, and Hardys Bane. Both of which were aesthetically jarring in their appearance, but work well within the framework.
I like it for a few reasons.

1. It could feasibly belong to anyone - not necessarily a billionaire or ex-military type.
2. It leaves room for future modification over the series by Bruce or Alfred.

Do I want Pattinson to be gifted equipment like Baleman? No.
Should a Year Two Batman be driving around in a finished product, 20 year veteran Batfleckmobile? No.

So as you say it works within the framework. After B&R the franchise wanted to go hard the other way with full military to shake off the light and bright atmosphere. I get that. But I like that the Battinsonmobile has a real world aesthetic but at least attempts to resemble a car in the traditional sense. 

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed,  5 May  2021, 02:01

1. It could feasibly belong to anyone - not necessarily a billionaire or ex-military type.

Should a Year Two Batman be driving around in a finished product, 20 year veteran Batfleckmobile? No.

So as you say it works within the framework. After B&R the franchise wanted to go hard the other way with full military to shake off the light and bright atmosphere. I get that. But I like that the Battinsonmobile has a real world aesthetic but at least attempts to resemble a car in the traditional sense.
I guess I'm a simpler man because I simply bought into it right away. I've wanted a car aesthetic back for the Batmobile for a long time. Reeves is giving me that and that's enough for me.

There's a brief clip out there which shows this new image of Selina.

Selina isn't just a burglar who resembles a cat. She really does like cats and it's integral to what the character is all about. Thanks to Matt Reeves for taking that extra step - it's what separates the characters from generic imitations.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed,  5 May  2021, 13:08
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed,  5 May  2021, 02:01

I guess I'm a simpler man because I simply bought into it right away. I've wanted a car aesthetic back for the Batmobile for a long time. Reeves is giving me that and that's enough for me.

And lets not forget the comic Batmobile has gone through periods where it's just literally a sports car.

Pattinson likeness comparison from Night Cries (1992).

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Wed,  5 May  2021, 13:36
And lets not forget the comic Batmobile has gone through periods where it's just literally a sports car.
Yep. Reeves hints at rear fins in a subtle way, which is more than what the Tumbler attempted. The fire emerging from the vents as per the promo art is a nice theatrical touch. Like the Batfleckmobile (my personal favorite), this is something you could feel comfortable ramming other vehicles with. It's not a perfectly shiny work of art.

This just leaked. A better version of The Riddler. Some people are a bit confused, but it looks exactly like what was in the trailer, so I'm not surprised. Looks good to me.

Quote from: Travesty on Wed, 19 May  2021, 12:45
This just leaked. A better version of The Riddler. Some people are a bit confused, but it looks exactly like what was in the trailer, so I'm not surprised. Looks good to me.