"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
Yikes.

I really hope the part about Reeves walking away from the franchise isn't true, since his involvement with this movie and its sequels was central to my enthusiasm. If these rumours are true, then we could be in for yet another DC disaster resulting from WB mismanagement (in this case, the studio forcing Pattinson on Reeves over his preferred choice of lead). We should still get at least one good movie out of the situation, but the prospects of it leading to a trilogy or ongoing series aren't looking too good. That's if these rumours are true. Hopefully they aren't.

Sounds like a joke video especially with the source being 4Chan. I don't think it's something worth reporting, as even they call it outrageous. The very specific comments they cite as coming from Reeves are a red flag to me. Time will tell, but I'm not losing sleep over it at all. With no news coming out from the production it's easy for a site like 4Chan to be a source of so called news, latching on to real life events such as Zoe breaking up with her partner and expanding upon the tale. It's not about the legitimacy of anything now, it's only if people will believe it. These YT channels are hit and miss, I think. Some things eventuate but a lot doesn't.

I think one of the challenges with this movie is the breathless coverage of virtually everything Pattinson says. He seems to enjoy trolling and saying outrageous things as a joke that then get reported on in serious tones.

For all anybody knows, the production hiccups have only related to the pandemic and all these rumors about Pattinson being out on the outs with Reeves could be a bunch of bs. But it's easy to believe stories about a bonkers production when all this other stuff is flying around. I'd like to believe it's all a tempest in a tea kettle.

The fact a lot of this gossip originates from 4chan isn't helping things.

Personally, I kind of enjoy the chaos and the madness. But all this stuff could work against the movie's box office, ultimately.

In the end, I rather enjoy the European gothic thing Reeves seems to be bringing to the production. I think this is an approach well worth exploring to its absolute fullest. But even if all we get is one movie from him, well, I'll take what I can get.

The crux of this 4Chan allegation is Pattinson getting down with Zoe on the Batmobile. And? I'd say good for him. It would be a very Miller Batman thing to do. Reeves should've reserved the car sooner if he wanted to use it for the same purpose. If Zoe isn't visibly pregnant soon, because the post says she is, the post is a steaming pile.

How many of these YouTubers had the advance scoop on WB and Jar Jar Abrams knifing Cavill for a reboot?

At this point I have no serious reason to think any of the troubles are caused by something other than flu lockdowns. After the main production shutdown it's been relative smooth sailing. The film is still wrapping sometime around March and there's a chance we'll get something to mark the occasion. Reeves is still a producer on GCPD, so he's committed to the universe long term in any case.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 13 Mar  2021, 13:18

If the rumors are to be believed, key people in this production are probably relieved.

Either way, it's probably a safe bet that we can expect at least a teaser or something in the next few months. In time for Comic Con would be my guess.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 14 Mar  2021, 03:11
If the rumors are to be believed, key people in this production are probably relieved.
"He is such an incredible actor, what he's doing is gonna blow people's mind."- Matt Reeves on Robert Pattinson, retweeted by the man himself.

"I've finished filming on that. I directed the Chicago second unit. It was an absolute blast. Again, it's playing in a much, much bigger sandbox than The Devil Below, but a lot of the same techniques and ideas apply. I love doing both giant movies and little movies. They're all fun, but I've always loved working with Matt Reeves, and that's another project, like Loki, which is going to be incredible. They're both phenomenal projects." - Bradley Parker, second unit director on The Batman.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/the-batman-crew-member-teases-phenomenal-robert-pattinson-movie/

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri, 16 Apr  2021, 17:53
I never had a problem with the live action trailer. But that animated one is somehow even better. I'd be just as excited for this movie if it was animated in that exact style as I am for the live action version. Great find, thx for sharing.

A small scale Hot Wheels Batmobile with new promo art. I'm feeling it.