"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Looks like Bermejo. If not, it's nearly identical style to his.

Quote from: Travesty on Sun, 20 Sep  2020, 18:02
Looks like Bermejo. If not, it's nearly identical style to his.
This forum isn't ready for me to express the fullness of my adoration for Bermejo's work.

I just noticed that this will be the first Batman film shot digitally  :(. I liked that they were all shot on celluloid up until this point. It's the end of an era.

That kind of stuff doesn't bug me, especially since Fincher has shown that you can still make digital look like film. And since we've seen what the movie looks like now, I have no problems with how Reeves wants to shoot it. I love the overall tone and atmosphere.

I sat down to watch B89 again recently, and you realize just how much of a love story it is. Vicki is front and centre the whole time, just as much as the Joker. Chase and her relationship with Kilmer is pretty full on, and of course Rachel in Nolan's trilogy. To be honest I'd like a respite from that type of romance. I'd like Bruce shut off and possessed by the Bat demon, especially in his formative years trying to build a scary reputation. Like Affleck was during BvS, when he really embraced Batman as an outlet for vengeance.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun, 20 Sep  2020, 15:21
I like the homage to Wilson and Croft in the top right.

If only Wilson's cowl could have looked that good in the actual serial.

Yes indeed. Hell, now I wouldn't mind a Bermejo Batman 1943 one shot. Haha

The image in its entirety.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Some good news here:

It's confirmed that filming on the new #Batman movie in #Liverpool will take place from Mon 12th Oct to Fri 16th Oct, on and around the St George's Plateau area. The filming was due to start back in March, but was postponed due to lockdown. Robert Pattinson is starring as Batman.

https://twitter.com/RadioCityNews/status/1308035667725819904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1308035667725819904%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2Fix50mc%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

Fingers crossed for set photos.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 21 Sep  2020, 02:53
I sat down to watch B89 again recently, and you realize just how much of a love story it is. Vicki is front and centre the whole time, just as much as the Joker. Chase and her relationship with Kilmer is pretty full on, and of course Rachel in Nolan's trilogy. To be honest I'd like a respite from that type of romance. I'd like Bruce shut off and possessed by the Bat demon, especially in his formative years trying to build a scary reputation. Like Affleck was during BvS, when he really embraced Batman as an outlet for vengeance.
I've been saying this for about 12 years, now. lol

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 21 Sep  2020, 02:53
I'll buy that Rachel was an organic part of the Nolan trilogy and a major element of Bruce's character development in those films.

But Vicki and Chase really did come off like some exec or marketing wonk demanding a love story to appeal to the female segment of the audience. In the case of B89, that was probably good advice too.

I'm with you tho. It really is time to give these silly love stories a rest. If ever there was a confirmed bachelor, it really should be Bruce Wayne. Let's see some more of that.

(We won't, I'm guessing Catwoman will be some kind of love interest in TB but we can still hope)