"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Travesty on Sun, 13 Sep  2020, 04:57
Damn, that's a nice looking poster.

Man, I'm really starting to like the Batsuit. I was totally wrong with my first impressions, and I can totally admit to that(as I always do when I'm wrong). I'm diggin it. Yeah.....I'm diggin it.
I thought you would. But nonetheless it's been a big turnaround and pleasing to see - there's nothing like genuinely anticipating something. You just weren't feeling it, but thanks to the Fandome trailer a lot of people are now digging it. I dig it too. I dig it in the morning, in the evening and every night and day. What I dig the most is Robert as Batman. As soon as his name was seriously bandied about I wanted him and nobody else for the movie. He's about four years younger than Keaton when he filmed B89, and roughly the same age as me, and similar looking. I feel a kinship with the guy and think he's going to nail it big time.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 13 Sep  2020, 05:36
Quote from: Travesty on Sun, 13 Sep  2020, 04:57
Damn, that's a nice looking poster.

Man, I'm really starting to like the Batsuit. I was totally wrong with my first impressions, and I can totally admit to that(as I always do when I'm wrong). I'm diggin it. Yeah.....I'm diggin it.
I thought you would. But nonetheless it's been a big turnaround and pleasing to see - there's nothing like genuinely anticipating something. You just weren't feeling it, but thanks to the Fandome trailer a lot of people are now digging it. I dig it too.
Yeah, there's just something to it. I hate to bring it around, but it's what I was hoping Nolan would do after BB. I think it has to do with the overall aesthetics, which goes a long way for me. It looks like Matt Reeves is hitting it on all cylinders, whereas Nolan wasn't doing it for me.....on many fronts. Again, I love BB, but the rest......uninspiring(for me).

Anyways, I'm loving what I'm seeing from Matt Reeves. I can't wait to see/hear more.

I'm so stoked for this movie. lol

I think it's going to be better than Begins, which is I find too much of a chore to watch. IMO this will be even darker (focused on Bruce like JOKER was focused on Arthur), with more flair and contemporary.

I bought the Definitive History of the Dark Knight book this year, and you see how every generation gets THEIR Batman. This trailer feels like what we should be getting NOW in terms of a stand-alone series.

I'm a big fan of this shot:

Yeah, that's a great shot. I like the overall tone and aesthetic that Reeves is going for. I also loved what he said during his Fandome panel about Gotham being a character unto itself. It's one thing that Burton nailed. I love a visually appealing Gotham, and it looks like Reeves hit it out of the park.

If you have a look through Earth One volumes one and two, I think that's a close representation of what The Batman will be tonally and visually. The third volume is meant to be coming out soon, and I'm eager to see it.

Yeah, I need to re-read Vol 1&2, it's been about 4 years since I last read them both. Just waiting around for Vol 3. lol

Rob is back on set and filming is full steam ahead. Hopefully the production continues until the end of the year and they can call a wrap. The Fandome trailer was a slam dunk, and there's so much left to film. Reeves and Pattinson know they're on the right track and just have to keep on it.

Quote from: Travesty on Fri, 18 Sep  2020, 12:56
Yeah, I need to re-read Vol 1&2, it's been about 4 years since I last read them both. Just waiting around for Vol 3. lol
I prefer Volume 2, but I think time has been kind to both, and will only prove kinder next year. They feature The Penguin, The Riddler and Catwoman, which mirrors the Reeves movie. I can easily see Serkis being an Earth One/Beware The Batman type Alfred. However a key point of difference I see is Battinson being a more competent detective, even if he's still young and learning on the job.

Thought this was pretty cool.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Yeah, those are all really good.

Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 20 Sep  2020, 03:19
Thought this was pretty cool.

I like the homage to Wilson and Croft in the top right.

If only Wilson's cowl could have looked that good in the actual serial.