"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 25 Aug  2020, 22:31
This was a good breakdown with potential spoilers, so beware if you're trying to go on blind, but nothing too crazy. Also, it shows who Peter Sarsgaard is, and where he was in the trailer, which was something I didn't notice.

Thanks for that. As they say, the cave being connected to Gotham's infrastructure would be a nice touch, allowing Batman to appear in the city through tunnels. And perhaps he has several caves hidden throughout the city, ala No Man's Land. I'm really interested to see what their version of Wayne Manor looks like. I'm hoping for Gothic elements.

I'm also eager to see how they approach the Bruce Wayne scenes given the brooding tone they've established in the trailer. Unlike Keaton, I'm thinking Pattinson's Bruce is a known public figure, ala the scene of him rescuing the boy from the speeding car. But someone detached.

Private and serious...perhaps with the jerk act absent.

Keeping the black makeup around the eyes when the mask comes off pushes the comparison between Batman and the Joker, which is ideal if the movie seeks to play up the obsessive, unstable elements of the character. They're both unstable in their own way and must get into character to perform their role on the city stage.

Batman being in cuffs changes the context of that scene completely. I REALLY hope they integrate the Court into the new franchise. I'm all for New 52, Earth One and Telltale elements becoming mainstream. Elements of The Long Halloween can offer the traditional flair, which is still pretty damn dark.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 27 Aug  2020, 11:55
I REALLY hope they integrate the Court into the new franchise.

Same here. The League of Assassins were an ominous background presence throughout Nolan's trilogy, and I'd like the Court of Owls to play a similar role in Reeves' films. The end of that Gotham Knights trailer illustrates just how creepy a Court of Owls film might be, and the Talons' connection to Haly's Circus would offer a fresh way of reintroducing Robin into the cinematic mythos without retreading too much ground from Batman Forever. Dick Grayson hasn't appeared in a live action movie for over twenty years now. I hope Reeves will incorporate him into this new series.

Yeah, I love the Owls. I think they're the coolest modern addition to Batman. Snyder really hit it out of the park with that idea and how he incorporated it into the mythos so seamlessly. And then, of course, Capullo's gorgeous art really sold the creepiness of it all.

It would be so cool if they were always in the background, until Batman confronts them head-on in the third movie. A nice buildup to it all.

Definitely agree. They make the Batman world even more layered and creepy.

They're getting ready for filming again, which is pleasing to see:

I'm looking forward to seeing a Hot Wheels Elite die cast of this.

What I'm hoping for with this franchise is that it stays basically as self-contained as possible. A prequel TV show is fine. No problem. But basically, I want to keep this thing focused on Batman characters.

If the rumors are true, not only will the DCEU continue but it's quite possible that the Snyderverse is coming back. If that's so, that version of Batman can interact in a shared universe setting while TB stays in its own unique little corner without a whole lot of outside influence, non-Batman DC characters popping up, etc.

Because the more pics and stuff that come out of this production, the more convinced I become that the style that Reeves is aiming for might be damaged somehow by artificially injecting foreign-to-Batman elements and characters into it. Let's keep this one clean and immaculate, I say.

There's talk about a HBO Max Catwoman show, which I'm open to.

The Batman trailer has a specific atmosphere that almost demands the Reevesverse be self contained. There's a heavy level of expressionism which cloaks every frame. Which is why I'm eager to see how they approach the Bruce Wayne/general dialogue scenes. Even when he's spying on the crowd, sitting on the motorbike, it's filmed so intensely. What will pass for banter and humor in this type of world?

I think any Batfleck HBO Max stuff would be Batman centric. If Keaton is interacting with Aquaman, Flash, Wonder Woman and these guys on the big screen, would they allow Batfleck to interact with them as well? I personally can't see it at the moment, especially with contracts.

The Snyderverse continuing via animation or a comic would be more likely. Unless there's any other developements (which is very possible based on recent history) I'll treat Flashpoint as his goodbye.

The production has apparently halted for the time being because Robert Pattinson has tested for COVID-19: https://www.superherohype.com/movies/486018-the-batman-halts-shooting-after-crew-member-tests-positive-for-covid-19

Dammit 2020.  When are you going to finally give us all a break?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I like that promo art. They've also been selling it as a t-shirt.

I saw this link talking about the design and they claim: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/the_batman/the-batman-promo-art-reveals-a-new-look-at-robert-pattinsons-caped-crusader-and-the-movies-logo-a178334#gs.fzdcjw

QuoteThe colour red is clearly going to factor into this movie in a big way, but that will be a first for the character, and should look amazing on screen.
The red lining on the B66 Batmobile, the Batman Beyond aesthetic and even the B&R marketing campaign are past examples. Based on the Fandome trailer, red will feature but it's not going to be overbearing.

Filming for the movie has been going on without Robert, but he's apparently back on set next week. ‪As completely expected, young and fit Robert is totally fine, as will 99% of people who get this well marketed flu. ‬Media, of course, try to scare people even though a happy outcome further confirms this is most serious for the elderly and those with other health issues, with most people dying WITH IT rather than OF IT.

Biggest farce of all time, all the while the world economy is totally smashed by locking down the healthy. The flu has a vaccine and that cannot be eradicated, so why is eradication a sane goal for corona? What is more dangerous - a rushed vaccine or a virus with a survival rate of 99%? A virus so dangerous most have to be tested to know they have it. Fear is the virus. 500 years to flatten the curve? Those who want to do that can inside forever and wear a mask.

Anyway...excited filming is going to recommence properly soon.

Damn, that's a nice looking poster.

Man, I'm really starting to like the Batsuit. I was totally wrong with my first impressions, and I can totally admit to that(as I always do when I'm wrong). I'm diggin it. Yeah.....I'm diggin it.