"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Can't say that I am indifferent to this any longer!

Looks very interesting.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I just shared it with about 5 of my non-nerdy friends, and they all think it looks rad.

Sorry about talkin this trailer up, but this thing set me over the top. I'm so happy with what I'm seeing.

Today was a good day.

Notice how Batman is attending crime scenes and interacting with Gordon? An early days, uneasy but somewhat steady relationship is my guess. The feedback I'm seeing online is positive. They needed a good trailer to get enthusiasm up for this series, and I think they've done so. Especially after people were unsure about the set photos. Official footage is very different.

Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 01:55 #243 Last Edit: Sun, 23 Aug 2020, 01:57 by Travesty
It's even the little things. I like Riddler's scribbley penmanship, etc

I like the atmosphere, I like Gordon, I'm now feelin the Batsuit in this particular universe within this setting. It's totally working for me, now. It literally looks like Se7en mixed with Batman, and I'm totally feeling it. BTS shots weren't doing it justice. Oh, and Pattinson's voice is great. I was scared about a Bale-growl, but damn, do I love his voice.

But I'm not going to lie, it is giving me a Netflix Daredevil vibe, but that's a great thing. I love that show, so no complaints there.

Oh, and it looks like Colin Farrell really put on some weight, and has a prosthetic nose on. He looks good as Penguin. And Riddler with that mask on with the glasses looks so creepy.

Nice place you've got here...lots of space.

Battinson drives the motorbike inside, so I'm guessing it's his version of the batcave. I can see this evolving over the course of his series, with perhaps a turntable placed in the middle ala B66. Love that staircase.

Oh sh*t, I didn't even realize that was the cave. Nice catch.

I need to go on YT and look at reactions/breakdowns. I've just been replaying this and talking to friends. This trailer just blew up. All my friends are talking to me about it.

Quote from: Travesty on Sun, 23 Aug  2020, 02:50
Oh sh*t, I didn't even realize that was the cave. Nice catch.
Even better, I'm confident enough to claim the road/graveyard area from the Glasgow shoot is the entry point to the batcave. Very old school, ala the Burton descent into mystery or even the B66 show.

Love what they're doing.

Screen cap of Colin Ferrell's Penguin.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 23 Aug  2020, 05:20
Screen cap of Colin Ferrell's Penguin.

Looks like they made him up to resemble Richard Kind. Glad they're not going with how Penguin looked in the Telltale video game.