"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Travesty on Sat, 22 Aug  2020, 20:45
Not bad.

Is there a trailer, or are those just stills?
There's a good chance of a trailer. Footage hasn't leaked yet.

Notice how they're directly embracing the black makeup around the eyes?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there'll be a teaser trailer during The Batman panel later on. These pics are probably from that.

I actually like the longer hair on Bruce.

I'm starting to see it. I couldn't picture Pattinson as Bruce(I wasn't worried about him in the Batsuit), but I can see it better now.

Just seen the trailer. It has an atmosphere unlike anything we've seen in a Batman film before. Very much a focused darkness, noir vibe. Pattinson's Batman voice is natural, not synthesized and is more akin to Keaton and Kilmer, with a slight growl. Well done there. The fighting style looks brutal based on one goon encounter we see. Very interested in this.

Well, all of my negativity has been washed away. That trailer was f'n awesome. I loved it. Holy sh*t, I f'n loved it.

Wow!

Quote from: Travesty on Sun, 23 Aug  2020, 00:25
Well, all of my negativity has been washed away. That trailer was f'n awesome. I loved it. Holy sh*t, I f'n loved it.

Wow!
Excellent.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 21 Feb  2020, 22:24
This rawer look could feel like a shock to the system now, but give it time.

A summary of what Reeves said:

The murders explore the history of Gotham.
It's not an origin story, but it touches on his origins.
He will make mistakes in a way that he feels human.
It shows how Batman develops on the job as his methods need to evolve to be more effective.
How did his family sit in the corruption of Gotham? - maybe Telltale elements?
Selina isn't Catwoman yet.
Oz doesn't like being called the Penguin.
Riddler is just starting out.
The characters connect and is like a snowball of momentum.
The suit is always evolving and has battle scars.
This Gotham is intended to be elusive to pin down, with elements from various sources.
Batman's legend is building and people are terrified of him.
He mentions one of my favorite Batman comics of all time, Ego, as an example.
It is a police/detective thriller, with Chinatown and Taxi Driver type street stories cited as non CBM influences.

You can tell Reeves is a total fanboy like us. Fast talking enthusiasm. I have faith in him.

EXCITED. Best pure discussion panel of the event.

The link I watched earlier got copyrighted. Waiting on the full one to finally drop. I watched it again live on Fandome.

Man, I really liked it. And that Nirvana song played so well with it.

Such a good day. So happy right now.

Quote from: Travesty on Sun, 23 Aug  2020, 01:02
The link I watched earlier got copyrighted. Waiting on the full one to finally drop. I watched it again live on Fandome.

Man, I really liked it. And that Nirvana song played so well with it.

Such a good day. So happy right now.
Agreed. I'm relieved they're getting back to work next month. The detective/noir talk is real - that's what we're getting. Very, very moody and has the potential to be something special, especially if we do get a trilogy. I was underwhelmed with the games stuff, but the things that matter more (ZSJL, Flashpoint's premise, The Batman and also WW84) knocked my socks off.

Yeah, I liked most of the stuff I saw, except for the videogames, and even those I'm going to end up playing.

Man, I can't stop watching this trailer. I love it.