"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 30 Jul  2020, 23:01
Speaking of Pattinson... um, Bruce looks kind of Pattinson'ish there. The hairline, the brow, the nose, it's an interesting similarity.
Yes, it was a deliberate design choice on behalf of the artist. The art gives off a modern Adam West vibe to me, which is something I'd absolutely like to see translated into the film if possible. A stylish young man who has a personable reputation in the social and business scene. That's a huge reason why I like West in the role so much - natural charisma goes a long way.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun,  2 Aug  2020, 00:17
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 30 Jul  2020, 23:01
Speaking of Pattinson... um, Bruce looks kind of Pattinson'ish there. The hairline, the brow, the nose, it's an interesting similarity.
Yes, it was a deliberate design choice on behalf of the artist. The art gives off a modern Adam West vibe to me, which is something I'd absolutely like to see translated into the film if possible. A stylish young man who has a personable reputation in the social and business scene. That's a huge reason why I like West in the role so much - natural charisma goes a long way.

IMO Kilmer's Wayne was a bit like that too.

Not sure if this was posted. Some people found a 'Gotham Renewal Corporation: Investing in our future Gotham Orphanage' sign at Hartwood Mental Hospital, a location in the film.

Have a Google of that place, it looks perfect for a Batman movie.

This article has it all here: https://batman-news.com/2020/02/21/the-batman-set-photos-hartwood-hospital/

It seems like a teaser trailer is possible at FanDome, too. Pattinson's Russian voice actor, Alexander Gavrilin, has posted and then deleted an Instagram post teasing one. I'm hoping we get character stills and more details. A teaser poster would be nice too.

Matt Reeves has posted the official logo on Twitter along with some art work by Jim Lee.

That gargoyle bodes well for the look of Gotham City, and the Jim Lee art reminds me of the teasers Joe Quesada used to draw for the Daredevil TV show Comic-Con panels.

It would be kind of fun for comic book artists to draw official movie posters for future releases. It's a helpful reminder of the source material plus it's an alternative to yet another dramatically lit picture/collage of the cast.

Reminds me of The Virtual Boy.

The red and black is definitely the film's palette. The logo itself is something unique to Pattinson, which should be the intention of any new characterization, but still identifiable as Batman.

I've seen people compare it to this Year One panel:

Some images have leaked ahead of the panel.

Good catch, this looks to be something really different. Pattinson looks furious. Very moody stuff.

Not bad.

Is there a trailer, or are those just stills?