"The Batman" - NO SPOILERS

Started by Catwoman, Mon, 3 Oct 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 28 Jul 2017, 07:12 #130 Last Edit: Fri, 28 Jul 2017, 08:36 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: riddler on Fri, 28 Jul  2017, 05:42
I do agree. one difficult aspect of the character I don't think any of the films except possibly Batman & Robin got quite right was exactly how Bruce Wayne acts in order to deter suspicions of his dual identity Keatons character was a little too reclusive and private to the point that it wouldn't have been surprising to find out his identity given just how private and odd he is. Kilmer is  tough to judge because his character was considering retiring as Batman. Bale went too far acting like a ditz, his Bruce Wayne goes from rather industrious and innovative in BB, sleeping through business meetings in TDK, and a complete idiot in TDK. Affleck gets it just right. He acts a little bit aloof when he needs to at Luthors party while he's doing his detective work but in a subtle way.
Yep. The answer to the question of 'what does Bruce Wayne do all day?' is simple. He runs his company. I'd like to see this more.

I think Affleck is a great Batman and, personally, these rumors don't hold much weight for me. A lot of it is either pure conjecture worded as fact or people passing and subsequently  feeding the rumor based off "Yeah, I can see that happening." That's not fact and a considerable amount of rumors from "prominent sources" end up being false.

I hate the fact that people keep mentioning his age, as if that matters.

Apparently Reeves said this was a standalone movie, and not part of the extended universe. Not sure if he means like how WW was a standalone, or if this is a completely different Batman, but he said it on a podcast. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Quote from: Travesty on Wed, 23 Aug  2017, 19:20
Apparently Reeves said this was a standalone movie, and not part of the extended universe. Not sure if he means like how WW was a standalone, or if this is a completely different Batman, but he said it on a podcast. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

In all probability, the movie IS a part of the DCEU, but is a standalone film without cameos from Superman,, Aquaman, etc.

I don't see how this movie could be a standalone no matter who the director is. I can't picture WB going back to their old "Everything is separate from everything else" model any time soon, especially not after the success the DCEU has had so far. What I took from his comment was that the movie itself wouldn't necessarily be part of a larger story. It would simply be a Batman movie in its own right.

Even Man of Steel which was originally conceived as a self-contained film had references to LexCorp and Wayne Enterprises.  I suspect the film will be stand alone in the sense that viewers wont need to see the previous films first and there may not be cameos from other characters in the film itself but with credit scenes featuring easter eggs.

Yeah, but I would consider MOS to be a standalone movie. But again, I don't know exactly what he means by this? It sounds like he means a new Batman outside of the DCEU, but it could also mean something like WW and MOS....I just don't know? And right now, I don't even need to think about it too much, because we won't hear anything until after JL. They're not going to tell us if Affleck is out before that movie comes out, so I'll just wait and see.

Either way, Matt reeves is directing, so I'm excited about it regardless.

Ok, sorry for the constant updates, but Matt Reeves took to twitter to clarify. He said the movie will still be in the DCEU, but it will be a standalone with no cameos of other characters in the Universe. So no Superman or WW cameos. This is exactly what he said, and you can even see them on his twitter:

In my comments from a while back about not being part of the DCEU, I was talking about The Batman being a story specifically about Batman...not about the others in the Universe. That it wouldn't be filled with cameos servicing other stories -- that it would be a BATMAN story.

Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 24 Aug  2017, 19:04
Ok, sorry for the constant updates, but Matt Reeves took to twitter to clarify. He said the movie will still be in the DCEU, but it will be a standalone with no cameos of other characters in the Universe. So no Superman or WW cameos. This is exactly what he said, and you can even see them on his twitter:

In my comments from a while back about not being part of the DCEU, I was talking about The Batman being a story specifically about Batman...not about the others in the Universe. That it wouldn't be filled with cameos servicing other stories -- that it would be a BATMAN story.

This was the likeliest of scenarios. I really don't see WB wanting to make a movie without DCEU's Batman.

Good to have that clarified. Ben as Batman inside the DCEU is what we want. I wouldn't be surprised if the Elseworlds rumor is largely a nothing burger with people jumping to conclusions, just like this instance. Even if the Joker film is going ahead, I don't see it impacting upon what the DCEU is doing with Affleck, Leto, etc. I think everything is going to be fine. We just need to chill. In the meantime, I'm excited for JL.