Harley Quinn Spin-Off

Started by BatmAngelus, Mon, 16 May 2016, 19:14

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Thu, 19 Apr  2018, 21:39

I would assume as a villain. They already portrayed her as a reluctant anti-hero in Suicide Squad. Doing so again in Birds of Prey would feel like a retread IMO.

For me, the main selling point with a Birds of Prey movie is Huntress. I've always liked that character – both the Helena Wayne and Bertinelli versions – and it's high time she received a decent cinematic treatment. I can see Robbie's Harley Quinn serving as a Joker surrogate to Huntress' Batman.

I hope she is a villain. She needs to be seen whacking in skulls with her bat, blowing sh*t up, and generally causing mayhem to remind people that, while totally lovable, she's still a villain. After all, she was in Belle Reeve for a reason. I just worry (and I mentioned this in another thread as it regards to her and J's relationship, I think the deleted scenes one) that they've merchandised her into a box with all the stuff they've done targeting teenagers and little girls, etc. and depicting her as a straight villain vs the anti hero like SS would be bad for that bottom line. Plus to me it's important that she's shown as a villain so that Catwoman can fill the anti hero role. It's not good for either character if Harley becomes an anti-hero too. Which she is or at least was (been a while since I read it) in her solo comic which was fun and meant to be fun, but as far as she goes in a world of superheroes and supervillains, she def falls on the villain side of things.

I love the idea of a Batman/Joker dynamic for Harley and Huntress. There's some fun directions they could go with that, I wonder if DC and WB have the balls to do it.