Superman Rebirth!

Started by The Joker, Fri, 9 Sep 2016, 04:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Something else is ownership of the classic characters can get pretty murky at times. Bill Finger receiving credit for Batman is a good example.

What the main comic publishers have realized is that newer iterations of existing characters are far easier to protect. Hence the plethora of alternate Spider-Man, Supermen, Batmen, etc. There's no real way to challenge DC's ownership of, say, Luke Fox or Kong Kenan. And I imagine that someone at DC would love to replace Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent respectively with those two characters just to simplify the mounting legal issues they're facing.

The problem, of course, is that the public dgaf about Luke Fox or Kong Kenan. Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent are what they want.

Or, in relation to this thread, Jonathan Kent (the son) is easier for DC to maintain control of than Clark Kent.

Quote from: Travesty on Mon, 18 Oct  2021, 15:38
They destroy everything they get their hands on.

Every-single-thing.

And they take a lot of joy in doing it, too.
And don't forget the black Superman movie very few people want. Some want to know if it's going to be Kal-El or Val Zod getting this treatment. To which I say I don't care, because I won't be watching it either way.

Superman really is just a token plaything now. The company can pull these stunts, or ignore/underuse him when they see fit. The only thing I've been enjoying in recent times in the S78 comic.