Superman Rebirth!

Started by The Joker, Fri, 9 Sep 2016, 04:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 11 Oct  2021, 21:52
"The new Superman, the son of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, is concerned about the environment, does not shy away from politics and will soon begin a romantic relationship with a male friend."

Yes, this is real.
This industry doesn't want to be saved.

This industry doesn't deserve to be saved.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 11 Oct  2021, 22:20

They made Tim Drake bi too.

I don't care for this topic much, but this tweet by Kim Masters from THR on the Jon Kent news amuses me.

Quote from: Kim Masters
Who will tell Geoff Johns?

https://www.twitter.com/kimmasters/status/1447600094388252678

f*** him, I say.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 11 Oct  2021, 22:20
"The new Superman, the son of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, is concerned about the environment, does not shy away from politics and will soon begin a romantic relationship with a male friend."

Yes, this is real.

It's no longer about the characters, but about hijacking franchises for liberal politics. A constant agenda everywhere, all the time, with no respite. Those who don't care about the culture wars are part of the problem. Everything is culture. Look at what happens when there is zero pushback. No red line is established and the most absurd ideas become a reality, with the instigators being deadly serious about them. The culture war is over. The Left won. Entertainment, news, politics, law, health...the list goes on. They have the game sewn up, and have established what is 'socially acceptable'.

Yes, this is real.

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and predict that his "male friend" won't be white.

What we'll probably see is a small number of political activists celebrating on Twitter, which certain journalists will cherry-pick as proof that fans and "the internet" are delighted by the news. The first woke issue will sell like hotcakes because the aforementioned activists will purchase multiple copies to try and make it a success. But since none of those activists are actual fans, they won't continue supporting the series. Thus sales will plummet to an all-time low, just like Doctor Who's viewing figures sank to the lowest in its 58 year history after the BBC capitulated to activists' demand for a female Doctor. Eventually DC will either double down on the series for ideological reasons and continue selling at a loss (see the Batwoman TV show for an example of something similar), or they'll have to acknowledge that the moribund sales figures reflect consumer resistance and admit defeat.

At any rate, the political ideologues running the US comic industry have descended beyond self parody. The Captain Sweden memes of yesteryear are now mainstream reality. I feel the same way about the decline and possible death of the US comic industry as I do about that of the Hollywood film industry.

They're coming for children in order to normalize and convert. Sexuality, race and gender are not important, we are told. But apparently it's very important because it's being highlighted all the time. They throw this stuff in our face every single day. When we respond to this onslaught they say it's actually us who are obsessed with it. I'll say it again: look at what happens when you don't say no. The can gets kicked down a slippery slope to the point we are now. Audiences may reject these contaminations, but the woke assembly line isn't slowing down.

Dean Cain has weighed in on the situation:

Quote"They said it's a bold new direction, I say they're bandwagoning," the 55-year-old actor told Fox & Friends on Tuesday. "Robin just came out as bi — who's really shocked about that one? The new Captain America is gay. My daughter in [The CW series] Supergirl, where I played the father, was gay. So I don't think it's bold or brave or some crazy new direction. If they had done this 20 years ago, perhaps that would be bold or brave."

"Brave would be having him fighting for the rights of gay people in Iran where they'll throw you off a building for the offense of being gay," Cain continued. "They're talking about having him fight climate change and the deportation of refugees and he's dating a hacktivist — whatever a hactivist is. Why don't they have him fight the injustices that created the refugees whose deportation he's protesting? That would be brave, I'd read that. Or fighting for the rights of women to attend school and have the ability to work and live and boys not to be raped by men under the new warm and fuzzy Taliban — that would be brave. There's real evil in this world today, real corruption and government overreach, plenty of things to fight against. Human trafficking — real and actual slavery going on ... It'd be great to tackle those issues."
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/general-news/dean-cain-superman-bisexual-1235030248/

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Tue, 12 Oct  2021, 12:11
Strange how old school Trek is fanboy comfort food these days. A time when the IDEA mattered a lot more than frivolous nonsense.

"Let them die" indeed, Captain.

Dean knows what's going on and displays true courage in standing up to the mob. It's definitely a bandwagon situation here, pretending to rage against the machine while it's abundantly clear they are the machine. Things that aren't problems are getting attention, while real problems sit idle. In entertainment media it's a game of spot the straight white male. Is homosexual Wokerman going to address the green economy, which equals rolling blackouts, empty grocery shelves, carbon rationing limits and fuel shortages, while China burns half the world's coal? Because that's a comic I'd read.

I came of age as a comic book fan in the Nineties. Back then, one of the big two publishers would kill a character off as a publicity stunt or because they had no idea what else to do with him or whatever else.

That doesn't happen anymore. These days, instead of killing a character off, they just write a character coming out when they're out of story ideas.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 13 Oct  2021, 11:51
That doesn't happen anymore. These days, instead of killing a character off, they just write a character coming out when they're out of story ideas.
They're still killing characters, but in a slow, painful way. They take treasured memories and distort them into ugly scars that you begin to wish never existed. If you love something strongly, you can also hate it with equal strength.