Did Jack Napier Know He Killed Bruce Wayne's Parents?

Started by Slash Man, Wed, 17 Aug 2016, 07:16

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun,  7 Oct  2018, 01:33
Remember the scene where Bob shows Joker the photos he took of Vicki, and he remarks "she's dating some guy named Wayne". This goes to show that Bruce's lesser known public profile isn't only restricted to Vicki and Knox.

I'd forgotten that.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 17 Jun  2017, 07:31
As for the press, a poster here by the name eledoremassis02 collected and shared a couple of newspaper props reporting the Wayne murders a while back.

One version has blurred text after the opening paragraph, but doesn't mention anything about the Waynes being prominent, famous people. And if you look closely, the blurred text talks about random gibberish not connected to the incident.
Source: http://thebatmanuniverse.net/image/Misc/Blog/Indivdual%20Posts/Tim/WB%20Tour/IMG_1031.JPG

FFS, how in the hell did I not realise in that very same link to the prop I had provided it had specifically printed the word "prominent" in large letters under the headline? Way to go to undermine your own point TLF, you putz. ::)

Anyway, that was a recreation. This is the prop we saw in the film as investigated by Knox and Vicki, and it runs with the same headline:

Well, I suppose Thomas and Martha Wayne were once famous within Gotham City's elite circles, but following their murders, they must've been forgotten over time. Thirty odd years later, and crime in the city is still out of control. Bruce doesn't have anything else to look forward to and move on in his life, and begins his career as Batman as a result.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei