BvS Ultimate Edition Trailer

Started by BatmAngelus, Thu, 2 Jun 2016, 16:18

Previous topic - Next topic
A very pleasant surprise to see this trailer.

Extended intro in Africa of Supes in action.
Clark as a reporter investigating Batman.
Superman leaving the hearing after the explosion.
Jenna Malone content.

And we know there's an extended ending as well.

Exciting times. Really looking forward to this.

I'll buy the physical copy on day one.

Quote from: Travesty on Fri,  3 Jun  2016, 00:10
I'll buy the physical copy on day one.

There's also security footage of Batman stealing the kryptonite.

I'm most curious about the Africa sequence. I saw Superman blowing up some missiles heading towards a village.

Clark getting insight on what Gotham citizens think of Batman will be curious to watch as well.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

The Clark Kent investigation scenes are my most anticipated overall.

I think the expanded cut will benefit Clark quite a bit.

Looking forward to checking out the Ultimate Cut. I want the Bluray+DVD combo version for sure (could care less about Blyray 3D), with hopefully Wonder Woman with Supes and Bats on the cover (hey, the Trinity!), and it's going to look great on my shelf right beside my copy of MAN OF STEEL.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I had another look at the scene of the Gotham woman talking to Clark in the trailer again.

If you listen to her carefully, she tells Clark "Words don't stop him (referring to Batman). You know what stops him? Fists!".

This would explain why Superman was trying to subdue Batman instead of trying again in telling him about Lex's plan. Batman interrupted him the first time, and Superman realised he was not going to be reasoned with. I still feel iffy about it though.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Superman tries to talk with Batman at the start of the fight, but he's met with serious obstacles. High frequency cannons and machine guns. He demonstrates his power to Batman by flying him through a building and tossing him down. I imagine he then assumed Batman would yield. But by then he's gassed by kryptonite and fighting for his life. Combat is essential because his opponent seeks to kill.

Spoilers: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_vs_superman/spoilers-6-biggest-reveals-from-the-batman-superman-ultimate-a142561

- Sounds like this cut mainly improves on the Africa/Senate bombing subplot.
- Don't expect Jena Malone to be Barbara Gordon
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Tue, 14 Jun 2016, 18:43 #19 Last Edit: Tue, 14 Jun 2016, 18:54 by Travesty
I think I changed my mind, I'm gonna get the digital version on day one, and then wait for the Blu Ray to come down in price before I pick it up. If the Blu Ray came out first, I would definitely get it, but I wanna watch this movie as soon as possible.