Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi

Started by Catwoman, Sat, 21 May 2016, 21:55

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 10 Oct  2017, 22:06
The SJW thing... maybe it's true, maybe it isn't. But either way, it's kind of a testament to how politicized entertainment (hell, everything) has become that people can reasonably make this accusation.
We're at the height of the SJW agenda with gender/race quotas in businesses, talk about 'white privilege', stunt casting in media such as Doctor Who and elsewhere....but the diversity in Star Wars? Nah, that's all just a coincidence. C'mon. They talk about the best person for the job, but that's a lie. They gotta fill those gender and race quotas to show they're progressive and inclusive. There's absolutely an agenda.

Fun little trailer, even with all the misdirection's.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 11 Oct  2017, 00:51We're at the height of the SJW agenda with gender/race quotas in businesses
Keep in mind that the movies coming out now were still in production at various levels two'ish years ago. But I think we're past peak SJW now. It'll take time for Hollyweird to catch up but the man on the street has had to contend with kneeling during America's national anthem in NFL games, never-ending far-left viewpoints in their movies and shows, more women in video games because Equality Or Else and that type of stuff.

It's been nearly a year since the SJW's discovered they don't rule the roost anymore. It'll take time for Hollywood to catch up. Thing is though, I don't think it'll be that easy for them in the future. Lines have been drawn and We The People haven't been in an especially forgiving mood lately.

As to the coincidence thing... look, Abrams said upfront that he shaped the story into being what it is. So the "representation" we have seen, are seeing and will see is not an accident. Everybody may want to deny it now but I remember him saying on several occasions that not for nothing is the First Order mostly White and mostly male while the Rebels are mostly not-White or mostly not-male. He stacked the deck the way he did on purpose.

In the end, I don't think it'll matter. At this point, Star Wars is just another adventure movie franchise in a sea of adventure movie franchises. Sooner or later, reality will come crashing down on Disney. And it's totally possible that Star Wars will be destroyed, possibly forever. If you look at the pathetic toy sales from TFA, it's easy to think that the day of reckoning is coming. And may soon be at hand.

I honestly think Hollyweird is going the way of the NFL. Hollyweird just happens to be a bigger beast, but the end result will be the same. Box office returns aren't what they used to be. People are voting with their wallets, just as the Emmys recently had their lowest viewership in history. People are trying to find all kinds of excuses for the drop off in box office, but educated people know what's going on. It's all connected and it's not a coincidence - pissing off half of your viewership is dumb business. Hollyweird were already struggling and had limited influence, and then Harvey Weinstein was exposed as the grub he has always been. Everybody knew, but they said nothing. It's a place full of fake, hypocritical people. This is called instant karma. The more Hollyweird and the NFL double down on their unpopular practices, the bigger they fail.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 12 Oct  2017, 08:59Hollyweird were already struggling and had limited influence, and then Harvey Weinstein was exposed as the grub he has always been. Everybody knew, but they said nothing. It's a place full of fake, hypocritical people. This is called instant karma. The more Hollyweird and the NFL double down on their unpopular practices, the bigger they fail.
Weinstein is an interesting story. But let's be realistic. All he did was proposition beautiful women in exchange for certain roles or opportunities. Is that fair or right? Obviously not. You know me, my condemnation should go without saying.

But be sure of this: Weinstein is probably the most normal guy in Hollywood.

Give me a tinfoil hat if you want but I think Weinstein's fall from grace is purely tactical. He's a pressure release valve. I think it was him or someone bigger and more important in the industry. So they chose him as the sacrificial lamb.

But if you look only at the stuff Weinstein has admitted to (much less what he's been accused of), he's nowhere near the level of, say, Bryan Singer. All Weinstein did was abuse his position to pressure adult women into, ahem, intimate encounters. Meanwhile, Bryan Singer molests children, which is objectively worse than anything we've heard about Weinstein.

If LAPD was worth a crap, they would've cracked down on this decades ago. As it stands, my fondest hope is that President Trump sics the FBI on Hollywood to arrest the executives, directors, actors and even the entirety of LAPD to put a stop to this once and for all. No deals, no pleas, no apologies, no excuses, no regrets.

Just arrest every last one of them and let the judges sort it out.

Fri, 13 Oct 2017, 01:51 #45 Last Edit: Fri, 13 Oct 2017, 01:53 by The Dark Knight
Colors, my good friend, think about this for a moment.

Spirit cooking with children exposed during election via Wikileaks. Trump takes office. Trump's DoJ targets human trafficking. Hundreds of arrests made in Hollyweird since. Weinstein scandal breaks. We're supposed to believe this is all coincidental?

The house of cards is falling in Hollyweird, and Harvey could just be the start.

The Amazon studio chief has now been accused of sexual misconduct, and has now been suspended.
Hollyweird actors have been exposed as complicit in their silence of Weinstein.
Wikileaks documents show top executives knew about Harvey's behavior...even though they pretend to be surprised.
Actors like Affleck are now getting targeted by other actors as they turn on themselves.

This stuff isn't just talk. It's action. They're doing everything they accuse others of doing, but x100 times worse. Emma Thompson said what we already knew, that Weinstein is just the tip of the iceberg. It could snowball.

Let the process play out. Vampire your enemies. Give them the brightest spot on the stage and it destroys them.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Somebody who works for the website Digital Spy has seen The Last Jedi and has this to say:

Early thoughts on #TheLastJedi is I saw a lot of smiles as I left. Reviews coming tomorrow but it's undoubtedly the funniest Star Wars. Like, Marvel funny. Gag central

The tweets reacting to this feedback are overwhelmingly negative.

Source: https://twitter.com/gethill/status/940341219535851520

We shall see how "funny" it is then.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I've got a feeling this movie is going to make us go through the entire spectrum of emotions like 15 times between the Lucasfilm logo and "Directed By Rian Johnson." Idk if I'm ready for it.

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 25 Jan  2017, 20:35
I hear what yall are saying, but this is still totally me rn.

Still me. The rest of the whole damn galaxy can go (sadly we know Leia will have to either in this one or between this one and Ep 9 :'( ) but I couldn't handle Luke dying. Han was bad even though we all knew it would happen, but Luke? Dear sweet Mark Hamill? I couldn't handle it! I mean yes he could Force ghost it and chill with Pops n' Ben n' Yoda, but ug. lol.

Son of a motherf***ing goddamnit this f***ing just got f***ing spoiled for me by some pecker necked piece of sh*t hiding behind a mother f***ing computer screen. I swear to f***ing god in heaven I would throttle the life out of that piece of sh*t if i could f***ing find him.