Batman V Superman Directors Cut thread

Started by eledoremassis02, Sun, 17 Apr 2016, 03:44

Previous topic - Next topic
This is a place to discuses the anticipated Directors cut of Batman V Superman. Are there any scenes from the trailer or pictures of scenes that were cut from the final version? So far we have this:

What are you looking forward too? I can't wait to see the extended save Martha fight! That was pure Batman!

Jena Malone played Barbara Gordon for a cameo, but her part was removed in the final cut, so she should appear in the director's cut.

I'd like to see if there were extended Batman scenes where we see him terrorising the sex trafficker he branded. I remember the first official trailer showing a group of bats flying in front of a doorway to the sounds of somebody screaming in the background. It might be that. Another scene I hope we get is Batman infiltrating LexCorp to steal the Kryptonite. It might be unlikely, but we'll wait and find out.

I hope we get to see extended scenes of Superman rescuing people around the globe. I remember in one of the featurettes that Clark saw the newspaper headline "Bat Brand of Justice" - maybe there could be a scene where he visited Gotham to investigate Batman, and figured out his true identity? I'm speculating this because I do remember there were set pics of Clark standing outside GCPD's headquarters.

There was a scene where Zack Snyder decided to cut out because he thought it was too dark. It explained why Superman doesn't use his super-hearing very often.

Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/batman-v-superman-deleted-scene-2/

And I for one am glad that was removed. I think that scene would be way too disturbing for Superman to handle.

NOTE: I wonder if the author in that aforementioned link I provided had the same complaints over the dark content in The Dark Knight. I hope that the majority of people who deride BvS for its own disturbing content applied the same complaints for the twisted stuff TDK featured. Not to mention that unlike BvS, TDK had such an infuriatingly hollow, unnecessary downbeat ending.

And I see some people down the comments section complaining about Martha telling Superman "not to give a sh*t" about the human race. I am becoming rather shocked how some people have missed the point of that scene in the farm. I seriously hope this didn't go over most people's heads.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Sun, 17 Apr 2016, 04:50 #2 Last Edit: Sun, 17 Apr 2016, 05:03 by eledoremassis02
I think thats the problem. People have problems with Burtons Batman because it's dark. People have problems with Snyders Batman because it's dark. Nolans Batman isnt really dark at all. I think people really didnt watch the movie because I think for two reasons.
A) They heard it was bad and came in with that single thing on their mind
B) At first viewing it's a little hard to follow things because the editing is a little jumpy

But to get back to the directors cut, I heard about Kent going to Gotham and I hope that's included. Are there any Batgirl pics from the set? I'm gonna check some trailers and see if I can find any more deleted stuff

Edit: Batman Saying "It's time you learn what it means to be a Man" I do not recall this line at all

There's an extended Clark and Lois apartment scene, and Lois investigating the cripple too.

There have been rumours circulating that Warner Bros might release the R-rated cut theatrically in an attempt to push the global box office over $1 billion. But I'm not convinced it'll happen. A few weeks ago I predicted a final WW cume of $850 million, and it looks like that's going to be pretty close to the mark. I can't see the R-rated cut earning another $150 million on top of that. Factoring in the addition print & advertising costs a rerelease would incur, I think WB would be better served focussing their resources on the DVD/Blu-ray release instead.

The Man of Steel DVD sold well and I expect BvS will sell even better. But as far as box office gross is concerned, $1 billion is not happening. WB need to let it go.