Justice League Part One....filming underway!

Started by Grissom, Tue, 12 Apr 2016, 15:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 15 Sep  2016, 23:46For a tactical suit with a specific purpose it's okay. I'm guessing this is the JL equivalent of the BvS mech suit.
Or the ice suits in B&R.

*runs for cover*

Toyetic slurs will no doubt be slung. However I don't have an issue with the B&R ice suits either. Batman has a variety of suits, gadgets and vehicles to fight crime. Especially after a career of 20 plus years, the guy is going to have diversity in his arsenal. It's a man who has prepared for almost every eventuality. As a viewer, I can appreciate getting something different every movie. I mean, it happens in the comics so the movies shouldn't really be any different.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 17 Sep  2016, 03:28Toyetic slurs will no doubt be slung. However I don't have an issue with the B&R ice suits either. Batman has a variety of suits, gadgets and vehicles to fight crime. Especially after a career of 20 plus years, the guy is going to have diversity in his arsenal. It's a man who has prepared for almost every eventuality. As a viewer, I can appreciate getting something different every movie. I mean, it happens in the comics so the movies shouldn't really be any different.
That's one way of looking at it.

Another way of looking at it is Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor and all the rest have had new outfits in every subsequent Marvel movie. The reason for this is so the toy companies have something new to offer the kiddos every time around. Nobody seems too bothered by their toyeticism so why should it be a problem with the DCEU?

I mean, there's not a double standard here among the anti-DCEU bunch, RIGHT? They're holding each MCU and DCEU movie to the exact same standard, RIGHT?

Good point. It's only a product of shame when the DCEU does it.

Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 15 Sep  2016, 23:30
Aside from the goggles, it looks exactly like the Arkham Origins suit.

Definitely not my favorite, but still not as bad as TDK/R suit. Again, it looks like a live action version of the Origins suit.

Yeah, it does look similar to the AO Batsuit too. The more I look at those slanted ears, the more I'm reminded by Bruce Timm's design. The only time I saw this design put to live action was in a fan film.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

First look at JK Simmons as Commissioner Gordon.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Now that's a real bat signal. Big and bold. Snyder doesn't play around.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 18 Sep  2016, 01:26Now that's a real bat signal. Big and bold. Snyder doesn't play around.
True... but from a practical standpoint, a "real" bat signal would use lasers in today's world. I understand Snyder's affection for tradition here but a conventional floodlight isn't as effective as lasers would be.

It's an amazing image though, I'll say that.

Real meaning 'now THAT's a knife', compared to the puny Nolan era flashlight.