Justice League Part One....filming underway!

Started by Grissom, Tue, 12 Apr 2016, 15:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Snyder is stepping down on finishing up JL due to his daughter committing suicide, and Joss Whedon is coming in to finish it up for him. Just a sad story. Hopefully he takes all the time he needs.

QuoteFollowing a heartbreaking personal tragedy, Zack Snyder and his wife Deborah Snyder are stepping down from production on Justice League. Warner Bros. confirms Marvel's The Avengers director Joss Whedon will finish the film, which is still on track for its November 2017 release date.

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the Snyders announced Monday that they are taking time off from Justice League following the March suicide of his 20-year-old daughter Autumn. Though they originally felt like they could continue to complete the movie and didn't plan to take the news public, the Snyders have since decided to take time with their family to heal.

"In my mind, I thought it was a cathartic thing to go back to work, to just bury myself and see if that was way through it," Zack Snyder tells THR. "The demands of this job are pretty intense. It is all consuming. And in the last two months I've come to the realization ... I've decided to take a step back from the movie to be with my family, be with my kids, who really need me. They are all having a hard time. I'm having a hard time."

DC Extended Universe: Every Upcoming Movie
16 IMAGES
View Slideshow
Warner Bros. Pictures president Toby Emmerich says the studio stands behind the Snyders, saying, "What they are going through is unimaginable, and my heart -- our hearts -- go out to them." Warner Bros. first suggested pushing back the release of Justice League, but according to THR "the Snyders decided against that suggestion." WB extended Snyder a first-look deal to "give him time to work on other planned projects when he returns to work," THR reports.

Whedon will take over the post-production process for Snyder. Per THR, Snyder realized after screening a rough cut of Justice League to friends and filmmakers that he wanted to add additional scenes to the movie, and tapped Whedon to write them. Now Whedon will also direct the additional scenes in England.

"The directing is minimal and it has to adhere to the style and tone and the template that Zack set," Emmerich tells THR. "We're not introducing any new characters. It's the same characters in some new scenes. He's handing a baton to Joss but the course has really been set by Zack. I still believe that despite this tragedy, we'll still end up with a great movie."

In addition to notably directing Marvel's The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron, Whedon already was attached to join the DC Extended Universe. He is slated to direct a big screen movie version of Batgirl, and recently shared he doesn't have an eye on a specific star yet.

Can Joss Whedon Do for DCEU What He Did for Marvel?
07:23
Following rumors that Justice League would be undergoing "massive reshoots," producer Charles Roven recently spoke with Collider about Justice League's post-production status, saying, "We're in the middle of it, and I think it's pretty common knowledge that we're going to be doing some additional photography. The complications of trying to, you know—Henry [Cavill]'s on Mission: Impossible, and our Aquaman is making Aquaman, Amy [Adams]' doing Sharper Objects [sic]—so everybody's busy, and it's that crazy Rubix cube of trying to find a way of getting everybody in the place to do the work that we need to do. Which is not that vast, the amount of work that we have to do, but it's still really complicated that everybody's in different places around the world.

"The reality is we are in the midst of trying to schedule the only additional photography that we've been trying to schedule. We haven't done any additional photography up to this point."

Justice League is still slated for its November 17, 2017 release date. IGN has reached out to Warner Bros. for additional comment.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/22/zack-snyder-exits-justice-league-after-family-tragedy-joss-whedon-to-finish-film

Horrible, horrible, horrible news. Prayers for them.

As a big fan of Zack Snyder this is tough news to hear. He needs to take care of himself first and foremost. Zack has already done so much for the film, and whatever happens next, it's still his. If the haters had any decency they'd lay off Zack and let him breathe as a mourning father. All the best Zack.

Damn, that's rough.

Thoughts and condolences go out to the Snyder's.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

This is unspeakable. Suicide? I can't even imagine what they must be going through. Good on him for taking a leave from work. It's probably the best thing for both of them right now.

And good on Whedon for pitching in.

The fact Zack managed to keep working on the film during the past two months is incredible.

I read the news this morning while at work.

Horrible. I shocked Snyder tried to cope with his grief by going to work. He had every right to depart much earlier.

He explains why he had kept his daughter's death.

"Here's the thing, I never planned to make this public," he says. "I thought it would just be in the family, a private matter, our private sorrow that we would deal with. When it became obvious that I need to take a break, I knew there would be narratives created on the internet. They'll do what they do. The truth is ... I'm past caring about that kind of thing now."

The gut-wrenching thing from what he said is he is fully aware of the vitriol aimed at him, and how clickbait piles of garbage - whether it is Collider, Birth.Movies.Death, Comicbook.com etc - would do to spin this story as a negative. And they're still doing it - I saw on Twitter on some dump called Comic Book NOW! being screencapped for headling "Joss Whedon replaces Zack Snyder as director of Justice League!" - and used an undated picture of Whedon smiling. How f***ing low can you get?! Whatever one might think of Whedon, I'm sure he wouldn't be impressed with this either, considering Snyder made the call to bring him along.

Here's some words of advice from Snyder, you clickbaiting pieces of sh*t.

"I want the movie to be amazing, and I'm a fan, but that all pales pretty quickly in comparison," he says. "I know the fans are going to be worried about the movie, but there are seven other kids that need me. In the end, it's just a movie. It's a great movie. But it's just a movie."

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zack-snyder-steps-down-justice-league-deal-family-tragedy-1006455

Can't say anything other than I hope the Snyder family can cope with this tragedy as best as they possibly can.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote"Here's the thing, I never planned to make this public," he says. "I thought it would just be in the family, a private matter, our private sorrow that we would deal with. When it became obvious that I need to take a break, I knew there would be narratives created on the internet. They'll do what they do. The truth is ... I'm past caring about that kind of thing now."
This man is a champion. He has been bashed for a long time now, and the hate went beyond the movie. Clickbait BS and 'unnamed sources' didn't take Zack down and it's not going to. They can keep writing their crap, or lie about how sorry they are for him, but Zack will be busy looking after his family. Zack recently did promotion for Wonder Woman with this trauma on his mind, which goes to show his strength. Whedon is putting finishing touches on Zack's movie. This is absolutely Zack's movie and when I see it in November, I'm high likely going to give it and Snyder a round of applause.

Yes, keeping this tragedy private since March and still working.. He is a hero.

I hope Snyder's critics, of whom I include myself, will be a lot more measured from now on.  It's okay to dislike a movie, but one can criticise entertainment in a much more reasonable and fair-minded way than was arguably the case with BvS.

I also apologise for my own personal prejudgements regarding the film.  Although I still feel some of my criticisms were valid, having seen the film, I also now see that the film is much stronger and more compelling than I had feared.  In other words, the good aspects of the film (most of the performances. particularly the three heroes, the visual style, the dynamics between Bruce/Batman and Clark/Superman, the dramatization of the world's response to an alien presence on Earth), of which there are many, manage to transcend the negatives (i.e. Lex Luthor, the moody/slightly humourless tone, the arguably unnecessary, if visually arresting, dream sequences). 

I will only say in my defence, that whilst I was wrong to prejudge, none of my comments with respect to Snyder, were ever personal or vitriolic.  That type of criticism is never acceptable, although in my own personal case, I already had much respect for Snyder on the basis of a few of his previous films that I like, including Watchmen, his Dawn of the Dead remake, and his much and unfairly maligned Sucker Punch.

Anyway, I hope those critics who were unnecessarily personal take a look at themselves and think again about the way they write about movies and the people involved with them.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.